Asia Miles phones always busy?

Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:37 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by YYCOllie
My investment in KVSTool Diamond access has been value for money. (www.kvstool.com)
Still no upgrade availability search. Everything else I can check via CX's own website. Might try expertflyer after posting this.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Did you mean Silvers can have this privilege too?
Definitely. I (GR) couldn't get through even after holding from the start of my commute to work until 20 minutes after I finished it, my other manager (SM) can get through within 5 minutes after arriving at work.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:57 am

Also, since when did Cathay take upgrades off cathaypacific.com? Up until early last year (or was it late 2008?), I was able to search and book upgrades online. When did upgrades get taken off the website?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:44 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Also, since when did Cathay take upgrades off cathaypacific.com? Up until early last year (or was it late 2008?), I was able to search and book upgrades online. When did upgrades get taken off the website?
after the software upgrade. maybe early-mid 2009?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 9:41 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by YYCOllie
I've been trying to pay for an Asia Miles ticket I've put on hold for 24 hours. Every time I call in (Canadian, US, Hong Kong numbers) I get a busy signal!

Is there some massive devaluation coming or have they cut back in the number of lines? I've been forced to leave a message or hold for 45 minutes at times. But a busy signal?!
I need to redeem my miles on a non-Cathay flight, but I need to talk to someone about routing as information for such flights is hard to get on the site. I've been calling for the past few days, and either end up waiting for 45 minutes and still no answer, or I get the message that lines are busy, and to please leave a message for them. Of course, before I can leave a message, they disconnect the call. I've been a member for quite a few years and this is not uncommon. It's virtually impossible to reach anyone. If I email, it can take them 3 days to revert to me. Asiamiles is simply one of the worst mileage clubs I've had to deal with.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
May be it's time to pay the USD 50 service fee to join MPC (to reach the center easier.. I know it is kind of crazy idea though .. )

Beside, call at 1am - 9am HKT definitely help
Old Apr 1, 2010, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
May be it's time to pay the USD 50 service fee to join MPC (to reach the center easier.. I know it is kind of crazy idea though .. )

Why not just get a CX Amex Elite card? MPO joining fee waiver...
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
You need to be a HK resident for that though...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: Asia Miles
I was trying to call in these past few days but no reply. I always get a busy message or when i'm lucky i get to language selection and when i finally press the number to speak to an operator, i waited 75 mins but still no answer. I was really pissed off and hungged the phone.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by blumage
I was trying to call in these past few days but no reply. I always get a busy message or when i'm lucky i get to language selection and when i finally press the number to speak to an operator, i waited 75 mins but still no answer. I was really pissed off and hungged the phone.
Try early mornings with your mobile on speakerphone. Though you run the risk of running out of the shower like the Success Financial ad (for non-HK TV viewers - http://vimeo.com/7698776) covered in lather looking for your booking reference number (I did).
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: Asia Miles
Originally Posted by percysmith
Try early mornings with your mobile on speakerphone. Though you run the risk of running out of the shower like the Success Financial ad (for non-HK TV viewers - http://vimeo.com/7698776) covered in lather looking for your booking reference number (I did).
I'm calling from Italy, you mean HK time right? some how i feel that calls from italy are not even being taken into consideration.
And do you think that also the language selection matter with waiting time?
Since i always choose english i've never pressed 2 for Canto. Do people choosing cantonese get faster replys?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP CXDM, Bonvoy Gold, WOH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by ChrisLi

What's the point of that. I am a lowly Green Card member and I was trying to redeem miles for an award that needed to be ticketed today. Anyways, I called 2747 5500 once every 15 mins from 9AM-1PM Today and got the answering machine each time and yes, that was when I got thru (It was busy 95% of the time).

I tried everything including selecting, English, Japanese, Mandarin but I always ended up with the answering machine. Finally, at 2pm I managed to get a hold of someone.

This is perhaps the worst customer service in the world

Last edited by jetsetter1k; Apr 30, 2010 at 10:09 am Reason: correction in wording
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: CX MPC, Aeroplan, Starwood, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jetsetter1k
What's the point of that. I am a lowly Green Card member and I was trying to redeem miles for an award that needed to be ticketed today. Anyways, I called 2747 5500 once every 15 mins from 9AM-1PM Today and got the answering machine each time and yes, that was when I got thru (It was busy 95% of the time).

I tried everything including selecting, English, Japanese, Mandarin but I always ended up with the answering machine. Finally, at 2pm I managed to get a hold of someone.

This is perhaps the worst customer service in the world

I agree with Jetsetter1k. The MPC line is extremely busy these days. Their number is always busy. No point joining MPC to get through.

Maybe they are starting to do cut backs in call center staff?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:26 am

Programs: SQ PPS, OZ Gold, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Platinum, IHG Diamond
I know a shortcut... private me for details...
Old May 2, 2010, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by ahks
I agree with Jetsetter1k. The MPC line is extremely busy these days. Their number is always busy. No point joining MPC to get through.

Maybe they are starting to do cut backs in call center staff?
Never had a problem calling as GO. Maybe they're just busy answering elite fliers calls. Think about it, if they prioritize with status, that's big trouble for GR and AM members since CX has a ton of people when you add up DM-GO-SL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.