Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

HKG Overnight transit and lounge opening hours

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum; BD*Gold; SPG Platinum, PriorityClub Platinum, HHonors Gold...

Dear all,

I am relatively new to CX and will be flying with them next month via HKG. As my flights have an overnight connection in HKIA and since I am only in economy class, I don't think CX will provide accommodation for me. So I wonder is there any chance to spend the night in the lounge? I have emerald (BA gold) status, and any advices for which lounges and opening hours will be gratefully appreciated...

Many thanks and happy flying everyone!!!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
There is a CX mini Wing lounge that opens overnight, but I have never been there, or you can use a pay-in lounge:
http://www.plaza-network.com/hk_en/index.php
Old Jan 16, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT, PC PLT, BAEC, QFF
I've just checked the pay-in lounge... the price you pay for the 'long stay' package you can pretty much get a proper hotel room at the regal (connected to the HKIA).

I'm quite curious about that CX mini wing lounge though as I couldn't find any info on it. Got a link?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:46 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
The Regal hotel has a spa with lounge chairs at the inside and outside pools. If they are open at nightime I would probably choose that as an el cheapo rest option.

Last edited by mosburger; Jan 18, 2010 at 12:09 am
Old Jan 17, 2010, 6:26 am

Do note that the MINI Wing Lounge does not open 24 hours. Especially since the 3am flights are no longer in operation.

Basically there are no CX lounge facilities from 12:30 to around 5:30am.

However the mini Wing Lounge will open at around 4ish IF CX138 arrives earlier to cater for transit pax.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: AA PLT, PC PLT, BAEC, QFF
Originally Posted by mosburger
The Regal hotel has a spa with lounge chairs at the inside and outside pools. If they are open at nightime I would probably choose that as an el cheapo rest option.
Looks like only the gym is 24 hrs.
http://www.regalhotel.com/Regal-Airp...ecreation.aspx

I'd still go for a hotel room with a proper bed so you can get some decent sleep.
Pacific Lounge 'long stay' package (10 hrs) is HKD$1080
Regal hotel cheapest room: 45days advance HKD$1040, 30days advance HKD$1120. (you even get miles for your stay.. and the most pointless perk on earth... a free shuttle bus)

If you do some hunting around you might be able to find something even cheaper.

If you just need something to tie you over when the CX lounges are shut then the pacific lounge do have a 6 hr 'rest area' option for HKD$450. (BTW - apparently the pacific lounge [east] is brand new and it's only opening this month)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.