Wiki Posts
Search

crappy cx lounges around the globe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 3:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

crappy cx lounges around the globe

Curently sat in AMS, this lounge is about as basic as they come. Been in here 2 hrs and the two girls sat on the front desk have made no effort to clear the tables of any dirty cups etc. There is no toilet, no shower, no milk for tea, no food, no magazines or newspapers. THe selection of drinks is minimal and the coffee machine is out of water for the last 30 minutes but the conversation between the two front desk girls must go on before they can refill it. I travel with CX for a reason and I expect a certain level of service which this station does not provide. Anyone else got other locations to report so I can avoid them. Oh and the wifi is so slow it took 2 minutes to upload this post, reminds me of the old dial up network days.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 3:59 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
I guess you are in the Sakura lounge in AMS. They used to use the BA lounge wich is a bit better, still bad in terms of foods and drinks. Agree, the Sakura lounge is really really CRAP!!! I normally just go there for the free wifi.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:05 am

Sakura lounge is definitely not the best in the network, but it's already much, much better than when they used the Menzies lounge across the hall. That one was horrible.

The ladies at the front desk in Sakura normally are very busy talking to each other, that's why they have so little time cleaning up and refilling.

Last time I was there (twice in December) they did have a few newspapers and magazines but indeed no food.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:16 am

By the way... Delhi lounge is much, much worse!
Would rank it as the worst I've seen while flying CX (or KA)
Old Jan 3, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
I vote 1 for the CX Lounge at Manila.
A crowded, unpleasent DUMP.
Shame on the CX Brand.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Sat in HKG pier now so feel back at home again
Old Jan 3, 2010, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by david870mdg
I vote 1 for the CX Lounge at Manila.
A crowded, unpleasent DUMP.
Shame on the CX Brand.
The F room is just about up to J lounge standards for a small station, but agreed that the J room is awful. It simply needs to be about 4 times as big.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 5:28 pm

I upgraded myself to the F lounge in MNL. Nobody stopped me.
But still I stick to Delhi...
Old Jan 3, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: CX SL, SQ SL
It would be better to divide lounges into CX-operated, OW-partner operated and third party contract lounges, and rank them separately. Calling them all 'CX lounges' implies a level of uniformity that doesn't exist.

Speaking about DEL, the clipper lounge is an independent contract lounge. Further, not only is the terminal old, but it is due to be mothballed once operations move to T3 in a few months. Considering the progress videos of T3 on the net, the terminal and facilities are likely to be vastly superior to T2.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:12 pm

In that case we can also exclude Sakura

Makes it a little bit more difficult for me to find the worst CX operated lounge.
I think Taipei is always too crowded for me and the quality of the noodle bar is not what it used to be.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: *Gold (TG), 9W Gold, CX Diamond
Chennai and Rome are also quite bad. Rome (Le Anfore) is often very crowded, limited food variety, bad toilets, no free wifi. Chennai is busy, small, no free wifi, one drink policy.

I think DEL is better than MNL but it can get very crowded. Also, the fact that DEL lounge is located before security can be a bummer at times.

Fresco

PS. And wait until you see Milan Malpensa (CX will start flying to MXP later this year)... truly bad!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:41 am

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by christep
The F room is just about up to J lounge standards for a small station, but agreed that the J room is awful. It simply needs to be about 4 times as big.
What F room?
I just walked through the door that supposedly seperated the two...
Still maintain my thoughts on this lounge, both sections.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:44 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BlrGuy
It would be better to divide lounges into CX-operated, OW-partner operated and third party contract lounges, and rank them separately. Calling them all 'CX lounges' implies a level of uniformity that doesn't exist.
Agree, some lounges are operated by partners/airports companies, so CX isn't that responsible for such lounges, but they do have the right to demand improvement.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:47 am

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
Manila lounge my be small, but it is ok - snacks and drinks, reading materials, comfortable seats. Beats waiting at the gate.

In fairness, CX were probably ready to upgrade to a nice new lounge at the NAIA Terminal #3 several years ago, before it was locked up for a few years (and only opened to local airlines in the past year or so).
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:22 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Crocodile
In fairness, CX were probably ready to upgrade to a nice new lounge at the NAIA Terminal #3 several years ago, before it was locked up for a few years (and only opened to local airlines in the past year or so).
Yep, it wouldn't be economical to completely renovate/expand a lounge that's going to be in use for just a few years. Let's just see what happens when MNL T3 opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.