Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best CX credit card ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Sorry to join this thread with an OT question. Is there a Hong Kong cc that can be used to get miles in other FFP programs than Asiamiles? or in addtion to asiamiles?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: EVA
Don't know if this info is any use to anyone here but AMEX in Taiwan offers a much better deal on Asia Miles.

With a spend of HK$97k or more per year the conversion is effectively HK$4.8 per mile (TW$25 = 1 mile + 20% bonus with TW$400k spend). No cap on miles whatsoever.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 3:34 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by brunos
Sorry to join this thread with an OT question. Is there a Hong Kong cc that can be used to get miles in other FFP programs than Asiamiles? or in addtion to asiamiles?
Amex membership rewards has some other programs linked. There is a BA card from dah sing I think. Just go on some hkbanks websites for details.
I think hsbc also has some other programs linked.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
The CitiPremierMiles can transfer into AsiaMiles, KrisFlyer, Royal Orchid or WorldPerks.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP CXDM, Bonvoy Gold, WOH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Amex Cent
I was once told that some credit card companies don't give miles on internet purchases. Does anyone know if this is the case with the SCB, DBS Black, or Citi Prem Miles ??
Old Feb 11, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by jetsetter1k
I was once told that some credit card companies don't give miles on internet purchases. Does anyone know if this is the case with the SCB, DBS Black, or Citi Prem Miles ??
Nope, it is not true.

I paid over 10K USD over the Internet for various stuff : Amazon US / Amazon JP / Server Rental and never have problem getting the points / miles I expected (aka on USD I got the foreign transaction bonus miles)

And Yes, they are on SCB / DBS Black / Citi Prem Miles

However note that as I don't have a payment stub, I cannot register the "bonus program" these cards offer from time to time
Old Feb 13, 2010, 9:52 pm

Is there a CX Credit Card for folks residing in India?

Why isnt CX targeting this segment?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 6:39 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by ny911
After the doubleup promotion from SCB, is best CX credit card combination the following? (excluding AMEX Centurion)

Local Spending: DBS AMEX
Local Dining: DBS Plat
Local Spending (not accepting AMEX):Citi Premiermiles (no charge)/SCB Visa Infinite (with charge)

Overseas Spending: SCB AMEX
Overseas Spending (not accept AMEX): Citi Premiermiles/DBS Plat (in China/Macau)
I wonder if replacing the DBS Plat dining (3X on 12 pts per mile - effectively $4/1 mile) with Mevas Bank Plat (5X on 12 pts per mile - effectively $2.4/1 mile http://www.mevas.com/public/x/c/cc_5x_rewards_e.html ) a good idea?

Some caveats to the Mevas 5x - applicable to 31 Dec 10 only, hotel dining not counted and 5X only applicable to first $6,250 of dining spending/month (25,000 pts excluding basic 1X). So I'll keep the DBS Plat for hotels, and keep tabs on my spending (my average dining spending is $3,800).

Also the Asia Miles 12 pts/1 mile conversion offer is good to 31 Dec 10 whereas the last 5X payout is in Feb 11 - may have timing difference.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by percysmith
I wonder if replacing the DBS Plat dining (3X on 12 pts per mile - effectively $4/1 mile) with Mevas Bank Plat (5X on 12 pts per mile - effectively $2.4/1 mile http://www.mevas.com/public/x/c/cc_5x_rewards_e.html ) a good idea?

Some caveats to the Mevas 5x - applicable to 31 Dec 10 only, hotel dining not counted and 5X only applicable to first $6,250 of dining spending/month (25,000 pts excluding basic 1X). So I'll keep the DBS Plat for hotels, and keep tabs on my spending (my average dining spending is $3,800).

Also the Asia Miles 12 pts/1 mile conversion offer is good to 31 Dec 10 whereas the last 5X payout is in Feb 11 - may have timing difference.
I google-d mevas website and they don't offer Asia miles, only mileage plus ...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
I google-d mevas website and they don't offer Asia miles, only mileage plus ...
S#*t! Thanks for spotting that!
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i remember maybe ChrisLi or someone else did a short sumary on how fast miles get posted from CC to AM but i cnat find it now. can someone shine on me... either thru directing me to that page (cant get it thru serach fn!) or posting the timeframes?
thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by kaka
i remember maybe ChrisLi or someone else did a short sumary on how fast miles get posted from CC to AM but i cnat find it now. can someone shine on me... either thru directing me to that page (cant get it thru serach fn!) or posting the timeframes?
thanks!
As I remember it was me... so the recent numbers from my account are

Citibank Premier Miles : The following Friday
CX Amex : I stopped using it so dunno
SCB : One week from my last Dec transaction
DBS : I did not transferred any within the period so dunno either, previous experience is 3 - 7 days
Old Mar 3, 2010, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
As I remember it was me... so the recent numbers from my account are

Citibank Premier Miles : The following Friday
CX Amex : I stopped using it so dunno
SCB : One week from my last Dec transaction
DBS : I did not transferred any within the period so dunno either, previous experience is 3 - 7 days

(Checked against phone notes, revised) Citibank processed a Friday order on the same day and MPC credited the miles on the following Friday.

DBS for me has been one full week all up. Same with SCB.

Last edited by percysmith; Mar 4, 2010 at 11:59 am
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
so for citibank you mean 8-14 days for the worst case?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: EVA
Just checked my latest MPC statement and miles earned on my Taiwan Amex up to 07 Feb 2010 were credited 10 Feb 2010 (my statement date is 3rd of every month).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.