Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

AA through Asiamiles - Changes in booking, need advise

AA through Asiamiles - Changes in booking, need advise

Old Oct 19, 2023, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Your link was an interesting read, but what makes you think you're going to arrive more than 7 hours after your scheduled flight? You land from AKL at approximately 8am. I can see loads of flights on the schedule after 10am even if the direct AA flight isn't operating that day. AC has their own flight that departs just after the AA flight was scheduled, then there are boatloads of options via PHL, ORD, DTW, and LGA that still get to YUL just a few hours late. When you're re-routed at the airport it doesn't have to be on AA metal. They'll have to decide if paying CAD$1000 is cheaper than putting you on AC, DL, WS, etc.
You certainly have a point here, putting me on an AC or United is the only one that will get me to YUL on time and not 9h left, and avoid them to pay $1,000. The other combination of American Airlines flights (considering that I arrive at 8am and by the time I talk to someone and they put me on another flight) willl makes me arrive very late that night, or even worst the next day.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by julianelcontento
You certainly have a point here, putting me on an AC or United is the only one that will get me to YUL on time and not 9h left, and avoid them to pay $1,000. The other combination of American Airlines flights (considering that I arrive at 8am and by the time I talk to someone and they put me on another flight) willl makes me arrive very late that night, or even worst the next day.
DFW is 'usually' a pretty good airport to clear into the US at and remember long haul flights like that are often early. I'd be surprised if you weren't fully cleared in and into the re-check area by 8:30am. I can't really check the performance of AA 34 since it doesn't start until Nov 1, but just for comparison QF 7 SYD-DFW quite often arrives 20-45 mins early. Same plane type and similar-ish distance.
julianelcontento likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.