Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Answers to CX World of Winners lottery questions

Old Mar 15, 23, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

FYI if useful... when the lottery rolls around to your country, in case the same questions are asked, here they are (this is what my friend in Malaysia saw today when she tried to get into the lottery).

Hopefully this shaves off precious seconds from having you research the answers -- good luck!

ernestnywang and vonlance like this.
Old Mar 16, 23, 6:57 pm

Getting into the website is almost a lottery win in and of itself !
Old Mar 20, 23, 5:08 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Globalist
Surprised not to see reports from winners...anyways, I won a SIN-HKG roundtrip. Ironically, when the contest opened for SG I was onboard SQ23 at JFK taxiing for takeoff. Managed to get a good queue number which surprisingly held until after takeoff when I was able to connect to inflight wifi to complete the questions. So yes, I won a CX ticket while on board an SQ flight.
Old Mar 20, 23, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by bpk6h
Surprised not to see reports from winners...anyways, I won a SIN-HKG roundtrip. Ironically, when the contest opened for SG I was onboard SQ23 at JFK taxiing for takeoff. Managed to get a good queue number which surprisingly held until after takeoff when I was able to connect to inflight wifi to complete the questions. So yes, I won a CX ticket while on board an SQ flight.
and you have to pay S$195 for the taxes n fuel surcharge.
Old Mar 20, 23, 6:20 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Lucky you! Meanwhile the rest of us on the ground with fiber optic couldn't even get in the queue!

Thanks for providing the answers. I had a friend who lost his place because he checked on Wikipedia for the first question but someone else had edited the founding date there to 1947.
Old Mar 20, 23, 8:23 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Lucky you! Meanwhile the rest of us on the ground with fiber optic couldn't even get in the queue!

Thanks for providing the answers. I had a friend who lost his place because he checked on Wikipedia for the first question but someone else had edited the founding date there to 1947.
my prof at uni once did say that if Wikipedia could be relied as a reliable source, pigs could fly.

That being said, I managed to snag one of the tickets. Q was 13748, at least 1250 people ahead of me must have got the answers wrong.
Old Mar 20, 23, 9:31 pm
LNO

Girlfriend's family (3 people) seems to have won. CEB -> HKG -> CEB with a Q100. Finished 8 entries in 30 minutes.
Old Apr 3, 23, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
my prof at uni once did say that if Wikipedia could be relied as a reliable source, pigs could fly.

That being said, I managed to snag one of the tickets. Q was 13748, at least 1250 people ahead of me must have got the answers wrong.
Question! When did you guys go on the website to join the queue? An hour before? Few hours before? I heard the website re-loads when the noon drop time starts and people lost their places.
Old Apr 7, 23, 9:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I understand the lottery (or whatever they decide) for the US is in May. Is there anything I need to do now to pre-register? The CX US page just says to become a member in order to "be the first to know". Did those of you in the Asia Pacific region receive email, or how did you find out what to do?

How long is the ticket good for?
Old May 2, 23, 11:22 am

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
Yet to get any email from CX, anyone in Canada has any light to shed?
Old May 2, 23, 1:51 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Doors Closing
Yet to get any email from CX, anyone in Canada has any light to shed?
I got the following email on Apr27:
Exclusive ticket offer:Launching May 17

28 April 2023
Get ready for take off! Keep an eye on your inbox on May17th to receive a unique code to claim this limited-time offer. Ensure everyone you know is signed up to Cathay to have more opportunity to secure tickets. There is a limit of one ticket per transaction while supplies last. We look forward to welcome you to rediscover our beloved home city.
Doors Closing likes this.
Old May 2, 23, 6:50 pm

Hi,
I couldn't really find any information on the exact timing of the opening of the campaign. Do you know exactly when it opens and which time zone to follow? The departure area's (Europe in my case) or Hong Kong's?
Thanks a lot!
Old May 7, 23, 6:51 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FTFD
Question! When did you guys go on the website to join the queue? An hour before? Few hours before? I heard the website re-loads when the noon drop time starts and people lost their places.
I logged in at exactly the minute it opened and got queue number 1,865.
Old May 8, 23, 3:46 pm

Is it possible to participate in multiple countries, or is it linked to the associated country of the AsiaMiles account?
Old May 8, 23, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
My question is, when does it start? There's some 280 tickets going for departures from Zurich and I would like to try and get one. Does it start at midnight Swiss time (given that it's already the 9th May in Hong Kong)?

Search this Thread