Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Meal Service on Shorter Overnight Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2022, 4:40 am
Original Poster

I'm back to flying to Australia on a regular basis and I'm really disappointed with the amount of time the lights are staying on for a midnight departure - on a recent CX101 it was probably 2:20 until they went off and then came on again with 2 hours to go, leaving only 4 hours to sleep. The situation is even worse with shorter flight times to PER and BNE.

Personally I'd be much happier if they didn't serve any meals at all, or kept it to a quick meal and did the service with the lights dimmed down. I've written in and given corporate sales the feedback but apparently there are too many people who feel the need to have a hot dinner at 2 AM just because they are on a plane... and have a hot breakfast 4 hours later.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by B-HQC
I'm back to flying to Australia on a regular basis and I'm really disappointed with the amount of time the lights are staying on for a midnight departure - on a recent CX101 it was probably 2:20 until they went off and then came on again with 2 hours to go, leaving only 4 hours to sleep. The situation is even worse with shorter flight times to PER and BNE.

Personally I'd be much happier if they didn't serve any meals at all, or kept it to a quick meal and did the service with the lights dimmed down. I've written in and given corporate sales the feedback but apparently there are too many people who feel the need to have a hot dinner at 2 AM just because they are on a plane... and have a hot breakfast 4 hours later.
why don’t we appreciate the fact that CX has not gone cheap on catering unlike many others out there . I personally tend to go hungry on flights so appreciate the 2 meal service, but that’s just my personal preference. Did you know AF does not serve any hot second meals on all of their long haul flights (yep even on those 13+ hour flights…)? Or the recent cost cutting of meals in SQ Y?

my point is that many (in fact most) airlines are trying to cut everything they can when it comes to Y meal service and CX is trying to do the opposite by even now re-introducing paper menus in Y. So perhaps appreciate the fact that you’re not flying with one of those cheapo airlines.

Perhaps an eye mask and ear plug next time?
moondog, royng and JordanWalker like this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:30 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
Perhaps an eye mask and ear plug next time?
A full belly and a stiff drink usually sends me off pre-pandemic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.