Wiki Posts
Search

No CX service to MAA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
No CX service to MAA?

Through March 2023, the CX schedule for India shows service to/from BLR, BOM and DEL, but not MAA, which previously had daily or near-daily flights. Is this the new normal?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:51 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by HariOm
Through March 2023, the CX schedule for India shows service to/from BLR, BOM and DEL, but not MAA, which previously had daily or near-daily flights. Is this the new normal?
CX is not back to normal yet and is not serving some of its previous destinations. Unfortunately, MAA is one of them.

CX has not removed MAA from its fare sheets (as it did to SEA, for example), so MAA is not a destination that has been officially axed.
HariOm likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:00 pm

Don't know what fare sheets are...has CCU been officially axed?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Don't know what fare sheets are...has CCU been officially axed?
Fare sheets are distributed to travel agents and would list all CX destinations. CCU is axed.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
CX is not back to normal yet and is not serving some of its previous destinations. Unfortunately, MAA is one of them.

CX has not removed MAA from its fare sheets (as it did to SEA, for example), so MAA is not a destination that has been officially axed.
I hope MAA is not axed and can be an option on CX in the future. I've flown this route in 2009 on the A330 aircraft & in 2018 as well as 2019 on the 77W. The flight has always been full but always a great one because going through HKG, the flight takes less time as opposed to say, SIN.

I'm optimistic they will bring that route back. It may take some time. I don't see MAA getting axed, it was always good reaching there late night & also taking the flight out, sleeping and having breakfast at sunrise before landing VS. SQ's flights which I've done many times before and more recently.

How do you know for a fact CCU is axed? Low demand, perhaps? My dad flew KA to CCU when on a family emergency and then another flight to HYD and it was on an A320.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.