Wiki Posts
Search

Short Tagging Luggage

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Short Checking Luggage

Does CX still allow short tagging luggage? YVR in particular?

CX 837 YVR-HKG arriving 19:10
CX 500 HKG-NRT departing 15:25 next day

With a 20 hr overnight transit, can I request the luggage to be picked up at HKG?

Last edited by JordanWalker; Oct 1, 2022 at 4:36 pm
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by JordanWalker

With a 20 hr overnight transit, can I request the luggage to be picked up at HKG?
To collect checked-in baggage at HKG then no transit. Need to check in again at HKG. Even if wanting to do this added risk of testing positive and missing the second flight. Hopefully HK is fully "open" before your flight which is scheduled when?
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by JordanWalker

Originally Posted by walkup
To collect checked-in baggage at HKG then no transit. Need to check in again at HKG. Even if wanting to do this added risk of testing positive and missing the second flight. Hopefully HK is fully "open" before your flight which is scheduled when?
To clarify, I think short-checking bag itself is not a problem, if you meet HKSAR entry criteria and want to go through the process.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by walkup
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
To clarify, I think short-checking bag itself is not a problem, if you meet HKSAR entry criteria and want to go through the process.
Don't need to recheck it in again, keeping the luggage in HK as I'll be back in a few days. Preferably head to Jp with just a carry on. No intend to go to any restaurants either, just want a good night sleep on an actual bed than wondering around aside. So yes - it comes down to the only risk of testing positive on arrival. But maybe recent recovered positive might help - need to check into how CHP deals with that now a days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.