Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL Partner Award Booking Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:28 am
Original Poster

JAL Partner Award Booking Question

Hi there. I'm a reasonably experienced points and miles booker, but this is my first time booking with CX and I keep running into the same roadblock.

I'm trying to book ITM-HND-JFK. I can easily search and book HND-JFK, and I can see on Expert Flyer that there is plenty of availability ITM-HND, but I can't seem to search for that leg or book it on the website. When I search it as a one-way, or as part of a multi-city, I get the following message (which I'm sure is familiar to many of you): "Fare search by "Flexible with travel dates" is not available for your chosen itinerary.Press "Continue" to be redirected to the search results from "Must travel on these dates" option."

Of course, there's no "Continue".

Is there a workaround for this other than to call and book on the phone? Wait times seems insane both via phone and WhatsApp. Might it be worth booking HND-JFK online to secure the somewhat competitive leg, and then calling to add the ITM-HND leg later? Or, if I were to book it with cash (potentially less expensive than the CX change fee), might I be able to check my bags through to JFK from ITM, even though they're separate tickets?

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:41 am

Try A Fix for the New "Elevated" Award Booking Engine

I'm able to get that route up without issue using it, putting ITM-JFK in directly
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:14 am
Original Poster

That definitely helps! I think the trouble I'm getting into now is there's no I/O (partner J) availability on the ITM-HND flights. I can see the ITM-HND-JFK flights too, and I can easily find J availability for the long-haul, but can't figure out a way to put an itinerary together flying economy ITM-HND and business HND-JFK.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by akober220
but can't figure out a way to put an itinerary together flying economy ITM-HND and business HND-JFK.
For a mixed class redemption you’ll have to contact the call centre. In most cases it is not doable online.
jessesgirl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.