Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay eTickets not issued

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Cathay eTickets not issued

I was trying for about 2 hours to book a flight BNE->LAX on Oct 6 and all my US credit cards were being declined by Cathay website. Could not reach Cathay customer support after 3 hours on hold. Decided to book through my credit card rewards portal (Chase ultimate rewards). Got a flight confirmation number but when I check the reservation on Cathay, it says, "Our records indicate that your e-ticket(s) has not been issued yet. Please contact our Customer Care to issue ticket(s). Otherwise, your booking will be cancelled without further notice."

I'm worried about this since I have found no way of contacting Cathay customer service. I couldn't reach them at all. What should I do?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by icamefromreddit
I was trying for about 2 hours to book a flight BNE->LAX on Oct 6 and all my US credit cards were being declined by Cathay website. Could not reach Cathay customer support after 3 hours on hold. Decided to book through my credit card rewards portal (Chase ultimate rewards). Got a flight confirmation number but when I check the reservation on Cathay, it says, "Our records indicate that your e-ticket(s) has not been issued yet. Please contact our Customer Care to issue ticket(s). Otherwise, your booking will be cancelled without further notice."

I'm worried about this since I have found no way of contacting Cathay customer service. I couldn't reach them at all. What should I do?
If you booked via Chase, you need to ask Chase for the e-ticket number. It should start with 160.

You can also try https://www.checkmytrip.com/. Enter your CX (Amadeus) record locator and your name. Click the details of any of the flights you have, and see if the ticket number is there.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:12 pm

I think, in general, Cathay is suffering some system outage on their ticketing site. I am in the process of getting a multi-carrier award, and I got one in just a couple days before the 0+3 policy. As soon as the policy was announced, the hotline was filled with people, but I had no choice but to reissue my ticket because I found out that I am busy on those dates.

When I was reissuing my ticket, they couldn't get my miles required confirmed; that took them a night to fix. As soon as they fixed it and issue my itinerary, I thought I would be able to pay the tax and fees and finish booking after the rep hang up on me. I waited for an hour, and no email came, thus I called for over 12-15 hrs to get to someone. Finally they left me a voice message telling me that their payment system has some issues and as long as it was fixed I would get my email payment link.

Finger crossed!
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Hey thanks. Looks like the e-ticket number is now showing. So I think the ticket is issued. Is it possible to make changes to the ticket per Cathay policy on all flights booked before Dec 31, 2022? Do I have to go through Chase, or can I do it myself?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Be aware that only the change fee is waived, not the fare adjustment.
You could try on CX website and see what the fare adjustment would be.
But I guess that the ticket will need to be reissued so you have to go through Chase.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by icamefromreddit
Hey thanks. Looks like the e-ticket number is now showing. So I think the ticket is issued. Is it possible to make changes to the ticket per Cathay policy on all flights booked before Dec 31, 2022? Do I have to go through Chase, or can I do it myself?
Normal procedure is to go through Chase.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:58 am

Red face

Hello, I made a booking through Alaska Airlines for a Cathay Pacific flight.
When I log into Alaska Airlines with my Cathay Pacific confirmation code.
I also get the following message: "Our records indicate that your e-ticket(s) has not been issued yet. Please contact our Customer Care to issue ticket(s). Otherwise, your booking will be canceled without further notice."
I can't find the booking on Cathay with the e-ticket number. I get this message: There is no active booking under the information you provided. Please check and re-enter. [E23Z00113]

Unfortunately Alaska Airlines and Cathay Pacific customer service couldn't help me.
Alaska Airlines told me everything is fine with the ticket, they don't see a problem. Cathay links directly to Alaska.

I'm also a bit worried about the ticket? Anyone know how what to do?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:45 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Flywithmaxim
Hello, I made a booking through Alaska Airlines for a Cathay Pacific flight.
When I log into Alaska Airlines with my Cathay Pacific confirmation code.
I also get the following message: "Our records indicate that your e-ticket(s) has not been issued yet. Please contact our Customer Care to issue ticket(s). Otherwise, your booking will be canceled without further notice."
I can't find the booking on Cathay with the e-ticket number. I get this message: There is no active booking under the information you provided. Please check and re-enter. [E23Z00113]

Unfortunately Alaska Airlines and Cathay Pacific customer service couldn't help me.
Alaska Airlines told me everything is fine with the ticket, they don't see a problem. Cathay links directly to Alaska.

I'm also a bit worried about the ticket? Anyone know how what to do?
Do you have a 027 eticket number?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Do you have a 027 eticket number?

Hello,
Yes, the E-Ticket starts with 027.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:10 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Does a printout of the 027 ticket show the CX sector? If it does I won't be too concerned about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.