Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay > KLM interline agreement?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Cathay > KLM interline agreement?

Does Cathay have an interline agreement with KLM?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
They interline bags if on same ticket.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE. KLM PE.
Depends on the mood of the ground agent if checking in at AMS. This is a key factor.
royng likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by ukflo
Does Cathay have an interline agreement with KLM?
Yes
Code:
1AA/W/*CX$*KL                                                                   
** AA - AMERICAN AIRLINES **                                                    
 CX-160 CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS/CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS LTD                       

MAY ISSUE TICKETS INCLUDING                                                  
       KL-074 KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES/KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES                 

MAY CHECK BAGGAGE TO                                                         
       KL
If you are connecting from CX to KL and checking in with CX, CX will through-check even if on separate tickets. See https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_US/baggage.html
Transfer baggage
Your baggage will be through-checked to your final destination if you are holding connecting itineraries booked on a single ticket or if you are connecting between flights operated by Cathay Pacific.

We will also be able to through-check your bags to your final destination if you are travelling on separate tickets involving connections with our airline partners, provided that your journey begins with Cathay Pacific.

Please note however that through-check may not be possible if your travel begins with an airline that does not provide this service.
If you are starting with KL, you will have to ask the KL forum.
ukflo and royng like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Yes
Code:
1AA/W/*CX$*KL                                                                   

MAY CHECK BAGGAGE TO                                                         
       KL
If you are connecting from CX to KL and checking in with CX, CX will through-check even if on separate tickets. See https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_US/baggage.html

In the rule you quote, what's the definition of "airline partners"? Does it mean same alliance?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Yes

Code:
1AA/W/*CX$*KL

MAY CHECK BAGGAGE TO
KL

Thank you for the specific and qualified answer Very much appreciated 🙏🏻
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In the rule you quote, what's the definition of "airline partners"? Does it mean same alliance?
Based on my understanding and past experience since this rule has been in place, it means any airline CX interlines with, hence KL included.
ukflo likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Based on my understanding and past experience since this rule has been in place, it means any airline CX interlines with, hence KL included.
On a single ticket, there will be no problem indeed. The question is on two separate tickets.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
On a single ticket, there will be no problem indeed. The question is on two separate tickets.
And I am talking about 2 separate tickets.
ukflo likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:42 pm
Suspended

And I am talking about 2 separate tickets.
As far as I know 2 separate tickets checking in at hkg or tpe for example no chance . I am sure the systems cx and kl use simply don't allow it . As I previously mentioned in ams the mood of the agent is usually a more important factor than the rules
Old Sep 4, 2022, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Originally Posted by brunos
Originally Posted by benmitchell
As far as I know 2 separate tickets checking in at hkg or tpe for example no chance . I am sure the systems cx and kl use simply don't allow it . As I previously mentioned in ams the mood of the agent is usually a more important factor than the rules
To all of you who have doubts, this webpage makes it clear that it is any "interline" partner.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...in-policy.html

As a courtesy, Cathay Pacific will through-check you and your bags to your final destination if you are travelling on separate tickets involving connections with our interline partners. However through-check may not be possible on their return journey if your travel begins with an airline that does not to provide separate ticket through-check service.
@benmitchell: What you said makes no sense. Whether at HKG, TPE, or AMS, CX and KL agents use the same system (Amadeus Altéa), which allows this function. It is up to the individual airline to decide whether to give such courtesy to pax, and CX does.
brunos and ukflo like this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:45 am

Yes

Code:
1AA/W/*CX$*KL

MAY CHECK BAGGAGE TO
KL

If you are connecting from CX to KL and checking in with CX, CX will through-check even if on separate tickets. See

Apologies for hijacking, do you happen to know if Iceland Air is an interline partner of Cathay?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by VibeCentro
Apologies for hijacking, do you happen to know if Iceland Air is an interline partner of Cathay?
Yes, it is.

Code:
1AA/W/*CX$*FI                                                                   

FI-108 ICELANDAIR/ICELANDAIR                                             

MAY CHECK BAGGAGE TO                                                         
       FI
Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:42 pm
Suspended

@benmitchell: What you said makes no sense. Whether at HKG, TPE, or AMS, CX and KL agents use the same system (Amadeus Altéa), which allows this function. It is up to the individual airline to decide whether to give such courtesy to pax, and CX does.
Twice in TPE and once in HKG with onwrad KLM flights from AMS they simply refuse to check in the luggage to my final destination unless it is on one single PNR. This is all in the last 15 months.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:20 am

Twice in TPE and once in HKG with onwrad KLM flights from AMS they simply refuse to check in the luggage to my final destination unless it is on one single PNR. This is all in the last 15 months.
Have you showed the agents https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...n-policy.html? Also, even if this were the case, what made you so sure that it was a system limitation for the agents in TPE and HKG, but not AMS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.