Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

A Fix for the New "Elevated" Award Booking Engine

A Fix for the New "Elevated" Award Booking Engine

Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by RealtimeY
QR Y is available 249 days in advance, J 119 days
is that true for all QR routes?
And what about F?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: AA Life PLT 2MM+, JL, CX, SQ, EK, QF, UA, BA, AR, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by FirstTjj
Does anyone know a quick way to see taxes for a given flight?
Use matrix: oldmatrix.itasoftware.com
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Sad, the batch search no longer works.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:14 pm

today it does not display the result just keep appear searching all the time. If you have time please fix this thank
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:30 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
X2. It was working at 1am-2am. Its not now

Old Dec 1, 2022, 12:25 am

OK, here is something new that started yesterday. I have tried both the HKSAR-English and USA-English website flavors and they act the same.
The unelevated box pops up just fine, and you can populate with data. Clicking the "Search" button will return the normal CX return view about 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time, the webpage will display only two words at the top left: "Bad Request". If the first "Search" does work, and then you try and do a batch search, after a few seconds the page will go blank except for the same "Bad Request" message. This is on Chrome, one tab open, signed in.

The initial URL in this case is: https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ts/facade.html
and when the "Bad Request" message pops up, the URL is showing as:
https://book.cathaypacific.com/Catha...g/availability

I hope this is just CX playing with the code. Anyone else seeing this?

OK, I just saw posts #123-125. Too bad. Batch search was terrrific!

Last edited by RD57; Dec 1, 2022 at 12:30 am Reason: Update
Old Dec 1, 2022, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
Cathay has been doing some sneaky updates to their code. The section where I was previously getting the request parameters was removed. I've updated the plugin to retrieve them elsewhere. No idea if the change has anything to do with our tool, but if it is intentional then it could very well become a cat and mouse game.

Update here:
https://greasyfork.org/zh-TW/scripts...d-search-fixer
Old Dec 1, 2022, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by jaytw
Cathay has been doing some sneaky updates to their code. The section where I was previously getting the request parameters was removed. I've updated the plugin to retrieve them elsewhere. No idea if the change has anything to do with our tool, but if it is intentional then it could very well become a cat and mouse game.

Update here:
Thank you so much for taking your personal time to do this. It is working again.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 2:27 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Updated, works now thanks

Old Dec 1, 2022, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by jaytw

Update here:
Thanks Jay. I figured it was an API issue. The batch search saves so much time and frustration over slogging through availability checks one day at a time. I wish all airlines would implement a batch search for finding available awards. But then again, maybe they WANT to make it hard for us.

FYI - I had to clear cookies and cache to get batch search to work again. Plus, CX is having "systems maintenance" on Dec 2 and 3, so expect more issues.

Last edited by RD57; Dec 1, 2022 at 3:19 am Reason: Add info about cookies and cache clearing
Old Dec 4, 2022, 7:19 am

Hi-

I can no longer see business class award seats, only economy shows even on batch search. I was still able to last week. For reference, it's DOH-BCN on QR. Does this have to do with the CX systems maintenance? Help!
Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by Iceprincess88
Hi-

I can no longer see business class award seats, only economy shows even on batch search. I was still able to last week. For reference, it's DOH-BCN on QR. Does this have to do with the CX systems maintenance? Help!
Does it show on regular search? If not, there is no availability. Availability changes by the second, so it could be available now and gone by the next search. If it shows in regular but not in batch, let me know your search parameters so I can check it out, cuz that would be a bug. Otherwise, its just another day in the life of an award flyer.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:31 am

Oh, my bad. I just saw post #120. It explains why i can only see J redemption until March 2023. None for April 2023 yet.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Availability from North America to SE Asia in business is not looking particularly rosy for July 2023, is it? I have been playing around with lots of origins and dates, but have not had any luck yet. Has anyone been luckier?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:09 pm

Anyone having issues getting the "Batch Availability for 20 Days" to run? When I click on it, it seems to stay stuck on "Searching... (Click to Stop)...". I'm on Google Chrome (Mac) with the latest script installed, cookies and cache cleared.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.