Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

A Fix for the New "Elevated" Award Booking Engine

A Fix for the New "Elevated" Award Booking Engine

Old Sep 22, 22, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, KL, QR, EY, KE, SQ, CX, PR
Originally Posted by mccx View Post
Since the tool doesn't allow Multi-City search, I'm trying to use the native tool on the CX site. However, it doesn't even give me the option to pick flights between JFK and HKT/BKK. Their new site is really piece of junk.
You need to call for that. The elevate search engine won't give you that route.
mccx likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by seba View Post
jaytw Thanks for your extenssion, is it possible to choose only 1 airline code? I think QR are not honor the redemption from cathay, but they still show in the results.
Originally Posted by SpeedAdvantage View Post
Is it not working in Economy now as well?
Trying Qatar J from time to time and still not bookable. Looks like Asiamiles is blacklisted by QR.
So, it's still not clear what is happening with QR, but it looks quite possible that the rumour about QR no longer releasing J+ seats to Cathay starting next year could be true. I was able to book QR J + F mixed-cabin for MAN-DOH-BKK this November, but nothing beyond 12/31, but all QR economy awards I've tried can get to the payment page, which usually means it is a valid fare and can be issued.

Originally Posted by mccx View Post
Since the tool doesn't allow Multi-City search, I'm trying to use the native tool on the CX site. However, it doesn't even give me the option to pick flights between JFK and HKT/BKK. Their new site is really piece of junk.
You need to call for that. The elevate search engine won't give you that route.
SpeedAdvantage is right, find availability for the individual flights, and call in to book, or use the website chat.

Thanks jessesgirl and ukinny2000 for the coffees!
​​​​​​
SpeedAdvantage and mccx like this.
Old Sep 26, 22, 3:54 am

Programs: MH(Gold) QF CX(Diamond)
Thank you. Just shouted you a few cups of coffee.
Old Sep 26, 22, 6:43 am

jaytw How is your body coping with all that caffeine?!
Old Sep 26, 22, 9:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, ANA Platinum, JAL JGC, CX Silver, etc.
You are a genius Jay!! Just wondering 1) whenever you release an updated version, do I have to redo the steps you wrote on #7? and 2) Is it possible to extend 20-day search to cover more days?

Besides, I've tried to input more routes e.g. HKG-CDG, MAD, FRA for a multi destination search, but the results only gave me HKG-CDG.

Thank you!

Last edited by Pandaaaa; Sep 26, 22 at 9:51 am
Old Sep 26, 22, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by Ozchinois View Post
jaytw How is your body coping with all that caffeine?!
Oh my, dont get me started. You guys have just been generous beyond belief! Actually just passed 50 supporters today, and I was so moved that I added a thank you note to the page. And, thank you for your 5 coffees Ozchinois, I always get so tingly inside when I see the words 5 coffees in my inbox =)

Originally Posted by Pandaaaa View Post
You are a genius Jay!! Just wondering 1) whenever you release an updated version, do I have to redo the steps you wrote on #7? and 2) Is it possible to extend 20-day search to cover more days?

Besides, I've tried to input more routes e.g. HKG-CDG, MAD, FRA for a multi destination search, but the results only gave me HKG-CDG.

Thank you!
1. Updating is much easier then the initial installation. When I release any updates, all you have to do is go to the greasyfork page and click "Update", and thats it! Some script managers will even auto-update, but youll have to check the settings to see if its turned on.

2. Unfortunately not. The restriction is due to Cathays API restricting the number of queries every checksum can make to 20. The checksum is generated by the server so the page needs to reload to get a new one. If youve ever tried switching dates in the search results when using the original engine and after some tries it doesnt load any more results, its due to the same reason. I also think respecting that restriction is a bit of a necessary evil. If were all searching hundreds of days at the same time, I dont think Cathays site could take it. Imagine if someone just left it on in a browser tab just searching endlessly by mistake. For that reason I dont intend to work around that restriction for now.

3. Can you clarify what you mean when you say you entered CDG, MAD, FRA? Do you mean you entered all three into the input box at the same time? If I recall, I restricted the input box to three characters, so that shouldnt be possible. It should only be keeping the first three letters, so if thats what is happening, thats why its returning only HKG-CDG results (expected). On the other hand, if you mean it returns HKG-CDG when you search HKG-MAD or HKG-FRA, then send me a PM and lets figure out what might be happening there.
Old Sep 26, 22, 8:37 pm

My pleasure jaytw . I was getting frustrated before your fix as I was getting nowhere.
Old Sep 26, 22, 10:12 pm

Trying Qatar J from time to time and still not bookable. Looks like Asiamiles is blacklisted by QR.
Has anyone been able to confirm this? Perhaps by seeing if you can make a QR booking via phone? This would be an absolute disaster if true. Dramatically decreases the usefulness of Cathay points from Australia (particularly if you want to avoid Hong Kong).
Old Sep 28, 22, 10:32 am

Thank you for this amazing tool!

I was looking at CGK-CMB-MLE in J with SriLankan but are only bookable as separate segments. Using the Unelevated Award Search I'm able to find the married segments but I couldn't go to the next step. I wanted to confirm the surcharge before doing a transfer from Amex to AM. Would anyone be kind enough and look up this for me?

CGK-MLE through CMB March 7th. Flights UL365 and UL101.
Old Sep 28, 22, 11:25 pm

What's stopping you from progressing to the next page? I'm seeing tax of about HKD 1000.
Old Sep 29, 22, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by RealtimeY View Post
What's stopping you from progressing to the next page? I'm seeing tax of about HKD 1000.
Thanks! I dont have the required points so couldnt progress to see the total fees.
Old Sep 29, 22, 7:30 am

For a rough estimate, you can also plug the flights into Matrix, look at just the tax component of the price, and it should give you a pretty good idea. In this case it looks like it matched exactly.
Old Sep 29, 22, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by RealtimeY View Post
For a rough estimate, you can also plug the flights into Matrix, look at just the tax component of the price, and it should give you a pretty good idea. In this case it looks like it matched exactly.
Damn I should have known that I use Matrix regularly but the idea never crossed my mind Thanks for the tip.
Old Sep 30, 22, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by tdth99 View Post
Has anyone been able to confirm this? Perhaps by seeing if you can make a QR booking via phone? This would be an absolute disaster if true. Dramatically decreases the usefulness of Cathay points from Australia (particularly if you want to avoid Hong Kong).
I've tried dates until Dec 2022 and could reach until the payment page with no problems. Anything 2023 beyond shows error after completing the passenger info page. This problem is only for J class. Y class is still bookable in 2023.

Not sure why the so called BLOGGERS haven't caught up on this HUGE ISSUE.
mcdullhk88 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 22, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by jaytw View Post
So, it's still not clear what is happening with QR, but it looks quite possible that the rumour about QR no longer releasing J+ seats to Cathay starting next year could be true. I was able to book QR J + F mixed-cabin for MAN-DOH-BKK this November, but nothing beyond 12/31, but all QR economy awards I've tried can get to the payment page, which usually means it is a valid fare and can be issued.

​​​​​​
Someone posted in another thread that QR J is only bookable within 119 days from present.
mcdullhk88 likes this.

Search this Thread