FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   When will CX publish its schedule beyond Nov? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/2088130-when-will-cx-publish-its-schedule-beyond-nov.html)

Barkinpark Jul 23, 2022 7:50 pm

When will CX publish its schedule beyond Nov?

Hello amazing folks: when do you think CX will post its schedule beyond Nov 2022?

CX HK Jul 23, 2022 9:03 pm

Quite uncertain for 2 reasons:
  • Nov 2022 is rumored to be when the HK Government will transition to home quarantine, given it is the month that some financial conference is happening (my opinion: in their dreams) and the Rugby Sevens (keep dreaming). But Nov 2022 is when big changes are expected, so they probably won't plan beyond it until they get some clarity on what happens.
  • Even if they post their schedule, it gets changed around so much it really means very little.

CXYYZ Jul 23, 2022 10:19 pm

Agree but some changes for December have already been made. Examples are reduction in NRT service and continued suspension of ORD. Nothing currently on the schedule would be guaranteed to operate but some updates have already been made.

walkup Jul 23, 2022 10:55 pm

Only when quarantine measures are ended will published schedules hold as printed. Good luck with anticipating when that will be.

patrickw Jul 23, 2022 10:58 pm

The "Where we’re flying" page is already showing up to Jan 2023 and so far once on the page the flight is quite certain. So I think they have started to think about the schedule beyond Nov already.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...e-fly-now.html

brunos Jul 24, 2022 2:44 am

Originally Posted by patrickw (Post 34452508)
The "Where we’re flying" page is already showing up to Jan 2023 and so far once on the page the flight is quite certain. So I think they have started to think about the schedule beyond Nov already.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...e-fly-now.html

The main reason why they are posting schedules 6 months ahead, while it used to be only 2 or 3 months ahead, is demand by pax. I would never book a flight that is not on that list.
The problem with the increased frequency that they have been posting is that quite a few flights on this list have been subject to cancellations/changes.

fakecd Jul 24, 2022 2:49 am

i suggest 99 USD subscription to expertflyer would be handy to keep doing inventory queries for your proposed route, using flight nunber that has been flying. another good hack is check.if their codeshare has been cancelled. for example the JAL codeshares were quick to be dropped from JAL website even CX didnt cancel them (fraud, so if YOU want to cancel they charge you fee)

repeatedly said over and over, with so many airlines and.world that is open and normalizing, why would you want to fly Cathay Pathetic?

carrotjuice Jul 24, 2022 3:01 am

Originally Posted by fakecd (Post 34452766)
with so many airlines and.world that is open and normalizing, why would you want to fly Cathay Pathetic?

I too am waiting for CX schedules with bated breath. It's the only airline that brings us from Asia to US in J at only 50K AS miles oneway.

nomadabroad Jul 24, 2022 6:16 am

Try and fly alternative airlines if possible. CX has a very bad and frequent habit of zeroing out inventory and then not cancelling flights for as long as possible to get away with their legal obligation to re-routing / refunds. Either that or your flight has >90% chance of being cancelled and re-shuffled all over the place so not worth the stress. They also will tend to over inflate / over-schedule flights to attract booking with no real intention to fly most of those flights…

The zeroing out and over-scheduling method above is unethical and is just wrong, have a look at the news - BA is in deep water at the moment for the exact same unethical practices and is being hounded by the UK CAA and Competition Market Authority.

Fly with another airline if you can, if you insist - you know the risks as myself and many others on this forum have tried to warn you.

fakecd Jul 24, 2022 6:47 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 34452783)
I too am waiting for CX schedules with bated breath. It's the only airline that brings us from Asia to US in J at only 50K AS miles oneway.

thats exactly why cathay pathetic fell into this mess cheapselling everything. Look at SQ do they ever cheap sale their premium product? no. so i pay for Sq because its exclusive and i know everyone in the cabin paid fair price for it.

but i am also opportunistic. i grabbed a few J to Australia. these are my own travel flexible on date alone, so yeah 45k asiamiles for plain vanilla single route, i exploit them.

SW7London Jul 24, 2022 9:19 am

Originally Posted by fakecd (Post 34453084)
thats exactly why cathay pathetic fell into this mess cheapselling everything. Look at SQ do they ever cheap sale their premium product? no. so i pay for Sq because its exclusive and i know everyone in the cabin paid fair price for it.

but i am also opportunistic. i grabbed a few J to Australia. these are my own travel flexible on date alone, so yeah 45k asiamiles for plain vanilla single route, i exploit them.

I think Cathay is in the mess because of how HKG handled Covid more than anything else!

I think pre Covid Cathay J and F was one of the more expensive airlines, they discounted like others but they werent cheap. SQ too does have sales for their premium cabins!