Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Suggestions on Private Jets, or airlines getting a short nose dog to Manila Please

Suggestions on Private Jets, or airlines getting a short nose dog to Manila Please

Old Jan 25, 22, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China

Unfortunately the quarantine situation in HK and the inability to travel efficiently, (almost like living in a reverse Hotel California, ‘You can check out, but never enter’) has impacted my work to the point that any extensions means I have no choice but to look at moving.

Because I have a 15˝ year old short nosed dog I am restricted on destinations, and airlines that will carry him.

I have been talking to private jet companies over the past few weeks, and read all the pet flight stories, but Manila (which looks like the only feasible destination, no quarantine for dogs fully vaccinated and healthy) looks like the only option. But while there are flights to Singapore, KL, Bangkok, London and Vancouver, Manila seems a challenge.

Also the great Hong Kong Hamster Hunt has increased demand.

So I am throwing this out to in the hope someone might have a suggestion.

It would be most appreciated.

Kung Hei Fat Choy!

Nicc
Old Jan 26, 22, 1:14 am

Programs: CX MPC Diamond (ow emerald), TU Miles & More elite (SA Gold), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Sorry, serious question -- what is the issue airlines have with your particular pet? His nose or age? I don't have a pet, so don't really know... just wondering what the pushback is.

Kung Hei Fat Choy!

-Chris
Old Jan 26, 22, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmiller11101 View Post
Sorry, serious question -- what is the issue airlines have with your particular pet? His nose or age? I don't have a pet, so don't really know... just wondering what the pushback is.

Kung Hei Fat Choy!

-Chris
It is a good question. Short nosed dogs suffer and die in the hold resulting in many airlines stop carrying them. A good example is the way United put it. Here is the link http://www.marketwatch.com/story/5-w...ing-2017-04-26
Old Jan 26, 22, 3:20 am

Depending on your timeframe, you may be able to get help from some yachties at a much lower cost? For the jet charter cost you could probably easily fund their trip.
Old Jan 26, 22, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HarbourGent View Post
Depending on your timeframe, you may be able to get help from some yachties at a much lower cost? For the jet charter cost you could probably easily fund their trip.
Appreciate the suggestion. Yes I have considered that, plus cargo vessels, problem for the yachties is the 3 weeks in quarantine on return. In fact that is one of the main problems for the private jets and getting them crewed outbound from HK, but not inbound, which gets offset because of the sheer demand to Singapore, Bangkok, London and Vancouver but not to Manila. Just take a look at the new 'Dog Express'.
Old Jan 26, 22, 6:58 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
I believe Chris Phillips, pet and medical charter manager at Air Charter Service would be your go to person.

Last edited by QF Lad; Jan 30, 22 at 5:50 am
Old Jan 26, 22, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Join the HK Dog owner FB Group.
Old Jan 26, 22, 2:36 pm

After just reading another one of the dozens or so posts I see every month about dogs needing a new home because "owner leaving country", it's heartwarming to see somebody who cares about their dog. Sorry I cannot help.
Nicc HK, SW7London and 36902BRF like this.
Old Jan 27, 22, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eqeqeqx View Post
After just reading another one of the dozens or so posts I see every month about dogs needing a new home because "owner leaving country", it's heartwarming to see somebody who cares about their dog. Sorry I cannot help.
Thanks. I have always had rescue dogs and they are family.
eqeqeqx and 36902BRF like this.

Search this Thread