Singapore - Hong Kong travel bubble

Old Nov 8, 2020, 10:58 pm
  #76  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 2,194
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
what will be the addiitonal risk by staying more than 14 days ?
There isn't, right?

So people from Singapore staying more than 14 days(or whatever days is considered safe, Singapore citizens can stay in Hong Kong up to 3 months) in Hong Kong should be allowed to enter mainland without quarantine from risk perspective, unless COVID-19 attacks based on your passport.
freed0m is offline  
Old Nov 8, 2020, 11:25 pm
  #77  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 150
I doubt the travel bubble will lead to an influx of visitors to Mainland China. Foreigners are practically banned from entering China. Chinese nationals based in other countries can only enter HK with permits, or with the intention to transit without permits. The permits can be tightly controlled by Chinese overseas missions. Transit is pretty much banned so they can't enter HK without permits.
alamah is online now  
Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:42 am
  #78  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hong Kong, France
Programs: FB , BA Gold
Posts: 15,676
Originally Posted by freed0m
There isn't, right?

So people from Singapore staying more than 14 days(or whatever days is considered safe, Singapore citizens can stay in Hong Kong up to 3 months) in Hong Kong should be allowed to enter mainland without quarantine from risk perspective, unless COVID-19 attacks based on your passport.
I completely miss the point that you are trying to make.
Are you aware that Hong Kong permanent residents (or HKSAR passport holders) are not allowed to enter China?

Why would a Singaporean citizen be allowed to enter through HK?
Foreign nationals with a current China residence permit have to apply for a new visa. But going through HK is of no help.
Nicc HK likes this.
brunos is online now  
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:24 am
  #79  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 446
I don't see any conflict between HK-SG and HK-CN. If you worry about people from Singapore entering China without quarantine via HK, I will say this worry is unnecessary:

1) Some may argue that there is a loophole that people from Singapore can directly go to China without quarantine.

However, passengers who have been out of Hong Kong/Singapore within 14 days of departure will not benefit from the travel bubble agreement/health code agreement. People from Singapore to China via Hong Kong need to spend another 14 days and take 2 more virus tests in Hong Kong. The loophole is not here.

2) Some may argue that this may destroy the flight restriction policy by CAAC, "Five-one Policy".

Supply of SG-CN flights is enough to meet the demand for people in Singapore, and Singapore does NOT allow any transit passengers to China via SIN. Besides, the demand from overseas Chinese for repatriation is largely in US and Europe. They cannot enter Singapore or Hong Kong, let alone staying for 14 days.
Reply1984 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:35 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Posts: 874
People on here are thinking practically, then there is thinking politically. These are often two different things
Nicc HK is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:37 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 2,194
Originally Posted by Reply1984

2) Some may argue that this may destroy the flight restriction policy by CAAC, "Five-one Policy".

Supply of SG-CN flights is enough to meet the demand for people in Singapore, and Singapore does NOT allow any transit passengers to China via SIN. Besides, the demand from overseas Chinese for repatriation is largely in US and Europe. They cannot enter Singapore or Hong Kong, let alone staying for 14 days.
You certainly underestimate the demand of SG->CN flights.

There are thousands of Chinese(workers, parents with Singaporean(citizens/PRs) children as well as SG PRs, Chinese citizens and naturalized SG citizens born in China) if not tens of thousands, waiting to go to China in SG.
freed0m is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:39 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 446
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
People on here are thinking practically, then there is thinking politically. These are often two different things
If thinking practically, there will be NO health code agreement between HK and China. China aims for zero case and zero transmission. Hong Kong may never reach that point after the third-wave epidemic.

If thinking politically, there will be health code agreement. It is time to show the 'mercy' of China, to help Hong Kong out of recession in this pandemic.
Reply1984 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:42 am
  #83  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 446
Originally Posted by freed0m
You certainly underestimate the demand of SG->CN flights.

There are thousands of Chinese(workers, parents with Singaporean(citizens/PRs) children as well as SG PRs, Chinese citizens and naturalized SG citizens born in China) if not tens of thousands, waiting to go to China in SG.


I can easily buy a ticket from Singapore to Shanghai Pudong on this Friday.
Reply1984 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:42 am
  #84  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 2,194
Originally Posted by Reply1984

If thinking politically, there will be health code agreement. It is time to show the 'mercy' of China, to help Hong Kong out of recession in this pandemic.
This is just wishful thinking of Hong Kong people. Not going to happen with current situation in Hong Kong.
freed0m is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:43 am
  #85  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 2,194
Originally Posted by Reply1984


I can easily buy a ticket from Singapore to Shanghai Pudong on this Friday.
The price says everything about supply and demand. The usual price is one-tenth.
freed0m is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:46 am
  #86  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 446
Originally Posted by freed0m
This is just wishful thinking of Hong Kong people. Not going to happen with current situation in Hong Kong.
I read the local media that Beijing is willing to lower the bar. It is OK to record less than 10 local cases in 14 days.

https://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/news/202...00822_001.html

I will say after having the vaccines, Beijing may have more confidence in allowing people to freely travel between Hong Kong and Mainland. But will Beijing allow people to freely travel to US/Europe? It is time for political thinking.
Reply1984 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:48 am
  #87  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 446
Originally Posted by freed0m
The price says everything about supply and demand. The usual price is one-tenth.
Well......You can not find any ticket available between China and almost all other countries in November. Same case for Australia.
Reply1984 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:54 am
  #88  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 2,194
Originally Posted by Reply1984
Well......You can not find any ticket available between China and almost all other countries in November. Same case for Australia.
People in SG are not desperate to go to China. But many will go, me included, without quarantine on both sides(SG/CN) transiting HK.

Many people in SG like me with families in China will go to China.

The obstacles now are, cheaper flights, quarantine and Visas.
freed0m is offline  
Old Nov 10, 2020, 5:55 am
  #89  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Posts: 20,007
消息:港星旅遊氣泡最快月底成行 總檢測數或減至三次 每日最少一班機往返

???? i-CABLE -

Last edited by percysmith; Nov 10, 2020 at 6:24 am
percysmith is offline  
Old Nov 10, 2020, 8:30 am
  #90  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 446


From Facebook Group.
tfung and SilverChris like this.
Reply1984 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.