Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Inbound to Hong Kong COVID-19 Quarantine & Restrictions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inbound to Hong Kong COVID-19 Quarantine & Restrictions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:03 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by freed0m
No way that HK will accept such condition.
HK won’t but the Government will.

It will be like NZ—>NSW: quarantine exemption by NSW, no exemption on return to NZ

Not sure whether 深圳衛健委 will grant exemption on returning HKers living in PRC

有深圳居住港人稱港府單方面放寬檢疫亦未必會赴港

https://news.now.com/home/local/play...01&refer=Share
Old Oct 28, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by percysmith
HK won’t but the Government will.

It will be like NZ—>NSW: quarantine exemption by NSW, no exemption on return to NZ

Not sure whether 深圳衛健委 will grant exemption on returning HKers living in PRC

有深圳居住港人稱港府單方面放寬檢疫亦未必會赴港

https://news.now.com/home/local/play...01&refer=Share
Singapore is open to NZ before NSW, so what? NZ did not come to Singapore in droves
Old Oct 28, 2020, 8:31 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Singapore is open to NZ before NSW, so what? NZ did not come to Singapore in droves
But they sure went to NSW 9then tried to enter Victoria and WA)
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
I've read this is going to happen on Nov. 3rd:

1) HK will announce they will allow Hong Kong ID holders in mainland to return home without the need of 14-day quarantine.
2) Everyday there will be a quota limit, and one needs to apply online for a spot, otherwise, you will be deny entry.
3) Once you've made a reservation online, that is not the final ok, you have a limited time to get a COVID test (3 days prior to arrival), and upload the result of the COVID test online for review. Once reviewed and granted, you will be granted entry on the day and time assigned.
4) China, so far, has not changed its rules for Hong Konger going inland (i.e. 14 days mandatory quarantine)
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
I've read this is going to happen on Nov. 3rd:

1) HK will announce they will allow Hong Kong ID holders in mainland to return home without the need of 14-day quarantine.
2) Everyday there will be a quota limit, and one needs to apply online for a spot, otherwise, you will be deny entry.
3) Once you've made a reservation online, that is not the final ok, you have a limited time to get a COVID test (3 days prior to arrival), and upload the result of the COVID test online for review. Once reviewed and granted, you will be granted entry on the day and time assigned.
4) China, so far, has not changed its rules for Hong Konger going inland (i.e. 14 days mandatory quarantine)
not really different from what Singapore does for passengers from a lot more countries and territories.

4) is just pipe dream. China does not even allow its own citizens back easily. Why would foreigners be even considered?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Does anyone have any idea when the restriction on connecting in HKG on flights not contained in a single booking might be removed? I have 2 CX bookings in Dec but they are separate and with this restriction I expect to be denied boarding.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:13 pm

not really different from what Singapore does for passengers from a lot more countries and territories.

4) is just pipe dream. China does not even allow its own citizens back easily. Why would foreigners be even considered?
Latest requirement issued by China: Passengers flying to China need to provide both negative nucleic acid test report and negative LgM anti-body test report within 48 hours of departure. Besides, if they transit in a third country for China, they also need to provide the same set of test reports in the third country within 48 hours of departure of the leg of the flight to China.

Chinese government tries to block its nationals coming back to China, again.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Unionruler
Does anyone have any idea when the restriction on connecting in HKG on flights not contained in a single booking might be removed? I have 2 CX bookings in Dec but they are separate and with this restriction I expect to be denied boarding.
It is better to call CX for help. I don't think this restriction will be dropped in the foreseeable future. This restriction is to make sure that all passengers will be allowed to be on board for their transit flights. They don't want passengers stranded at the airport due to different and fast-changing entry restrictions imposed by different countries.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 1:47 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver

macau and china has full travel bubble since late sept and it has been operating for over one month.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
macau and china has full travel bubble since late sept and it has been operating for over one month.
Macau has the same lockdown as Mainland China. Will Hong Kong do the same?

And the irony that Macau is open to Mailand China, but not Hong Kong.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 3:49 am

Macau has the same lockdown as Mainland China. Will Hong Kong do the same?

And the irony that Macau is open to Mailand China, but not Hong Kong.
What lockdown in Macau are you talking about? I dont aware of one.
In fact, Macau never stop cross border workers all these times unlike HK.

why is it irony that Macau is open to Mainland? HK is not under control and Mainland is .
Macau said that they will not open to HK until Mainland consider HK as low risk.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 4:37 am

What lockdown in Macau are you talking about? I dont aware of one.
In fact, Macau never stop cross border workers all these times unlike HK.

why is it irony that Macau is open to Mainland? HK is not under control and Mainland is .
Macau said that they will not open to HK until Mainland consider HK as low risk.
the way Macau seals off like Mainland.

The irony that Macau used to be so linked to HK.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 4:44 am

the way Macau seals off like Mainland.

The irony that Macau used to be so linked to HK.
you said HK didnt have a lockdown and Macau did.
If Macau only seals off Mainland like HK, then your statement "Macau had a lockdown like Mainland, and HK didnt have a lockdown" is just wrong.

But Macau didnt seal off Mainland according to my understanding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...demic_in_Macau

for example,
"

Closing the border[edit]

When Guangdong became the province with the second-most cases in China, Macau still had tens of thousands of people going to and from Zhuhai every day. Many people asked for the border to be closed, but the government repeatedly said that a complete closure was not possible. Ho Iat Seng said, "If we closed all the ports of entry, who would remove the trash? Who would handle security? How would we get fresh produce? These are the issues we're thinking about."[97][98]
"

Can you provide any evidence that Macau had sealed off from Mainland whatever your definition of seal off mean?
so Macau did not have a lockdown right? so your earlier statement was obviously force -- sealing off a border is not a lockdown. Lockdown is everyone HAS to stay at home unless they go out for essential reason.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 5:40 am

you said HK didnt have a lockdown and Macau did.
If Macau only seals off Mainland like HK, then your statement "Macau had a lockdown like Mainland, and HK didnt have a lockdown" is just wrong.

But Macau didnt seal off Mainland according to my understanding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...demic_in_Macau

for example,
"

Closing the border[edit]

When Guangdong became the province with the second-most cases in China, Macau still had tens of thousands of people going to and from Zhuhai every day. Many people asked for the border to be closed, but the government repeatedly said that a complete closure was not possible. Ho Iat Seng said, "If we closed all the ports of entry, who would remove the trash? Who would handle security? How would we get fresh produce? These are the issues we're thinking about."[97][98]
"

Can you provide any evidence that Macau had sealed off from Mainland whatever your definition of seal off mean?
so Macau did not have a lockdown right? so your earlier statement was obviously force -- sealing off a border is not a lockdown. Lockdown is everyone HAS to stay at home unless they go out for essential reason.
I said Macau sealed off like mainland to the rest of the world. HK did not.

I mean to the rest of the world, you know, like mainland China did to the rest of the world.

the essence is that unless HK want to seal it from the rest of the world, as Macau does, only open around Mainland, mainland will not open to HK.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 9:12 am

I said Macau sealed off like mainland to the rest of the world. HK did not.

I mean to the rest of the world, you know, like mainland China did to the rest of the world.

the essence is that unless HK want to seal it from the rest of the world, as Macau does, only open around Mainland, mainland will not open to HK.
Only residents and immediate families are allowed to get into HK. Is that not seal off?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.