Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Anyone else getting "There was a problem fetching Miles for your trip." ?

Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:24 am
Original Poster

I'm trying to redeem an award ticket for myself on AsiaMiles.

TPE-HKG-SIN one-way, mid-July 2020.

The total duration of the trip is 17 hours 50 minutes.

I keep getting this text in red: "There was a problem fetching Miles for your trip." after selecting the (only one) available flight for that date.

I've got more than sufficient miles, and my most recent redemption was in January 2020 (I paid to cancel the redemption in Feb due to COVID-19).

Could the message be automated and related to transit regulations in HKG? (I'm not a HKG/Chinese citizen)

Any insights appreciated... Thanks FT!
Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
My bet is on this:

Originally Posted by taxico
The total duration of the trip is 17 hours 50 minutes.
Nevertheless, call if you face problems. That's the only solution.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 10:05 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
I'm able to go all the way till the payment page for 14Jul TPE-HKG-SIN (and to complicate the matter, only PEY available for HKG-SIN so it's mixed class). So maybe try again now?
Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:08 am
Original Poster

i've tried a few different browsers and OSes (Mac, W10, Ubuntu). i give up. time for a call...! i'd attach pictures, but i think i've been lurking too long, so time to get a few posts under my belt before i can do that... : )

thanks Gents! i'll report back with... some result. i hope!
Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by watery
I'm able to go all the way till the payment page for 14Jul TPE-HKG-SIN (and to complicate the matter, only PEY available for HKG-SIN so it's mixed class). So maybe try again now?
[MENTION=823431]watery[/MENTION] thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:09 am
Original Poster

some success today - i called up the hotline and all is well. FWIW, the call center staff confirmed that as long as it didn't exceed 24 hours, i would be allowed into HKG on layover.

i didn't book my flight as i'm now wait listed elsewhere

however, after my call i disabled my VPN and i could use the site without issue (i tested with both Windscribe and PIA VPN and both seemed to give me the same red-text problem).

with them disabled, it works A-O-K. very weird, but it is what it is. thanks once again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.