1st / Business Class during COVID

Old May 14, 20, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AMEX, MARRIOTT, ANA, UAL, CHASE
1st / Business Class during COVID

Has anyone flown business or first class during the current COVID crisis? How much was service scaled back?
Old May 14, 20, 10:21 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by 1dream View Post
Has anyone flown business or first class during the current COVID crisis? How much was service scaled back?
Not hot towels. Main course come covered
Old May 15, 20, 2:15 am

Programs: CX MPC Diamond (ow emerald), TU Miles & More elite (SA Gold), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy View Post
Not hot towels. Main course come covered
+1... same experience here too
Old May 15, 20, 12:25 pm

In F? Haha... there's no one walking down the aisles and COVID isn't food borne anyway.
Old May 15, 20, 10:34 pm

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Haven't flown since March 10th but business class was normal then.
Old May 16, 20, 3:53 am

No F class anymore
Old May 16, 20, 6:23 am

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by 1dream View Post
It's not really worth it as there are no meal services (only food and drinks packaged in a bag and handed to you). There were so many empty seats when I flew that you could have been at the back of the plane and still have 20 seats to yourself.
Old May 16, 20, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by londonexpert View Post
No F class anymore
Care to expand on that? Sitting on a F class award LAX-HKG early next year that I really hope It might be somewhat back to normal.
Old May 17, 20, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by SFO756FO View Post
Care to expand on that? Sitting on a F class award LAX-HKG early next year that I really hope It might be somewhat back to normal.
currently F class is not offered on any routes incl. LHR. It is op by 35k which does not offer F class.

next year not sure what will happen Assumed u r an AA or AS award person? If F class is not available then just get a refund
Old May 17, 20, 3:17 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
No F class anymore
currently F class is not offered on any routes incl. LHR. It is op by 35k which does not offer F class.

next year not sure what will happen Assumed u r an AA or AS award person? If F class is not available then just get a refund
I just wanted to clarify that, currently, F class is not loaded on flights before 30JUN. Flights after 01JUL still have F class. Obviously, we don't know how flights will operate in Jul., but it is definitely too early and misleading to say "No F class anymore."
Old May 17, 20, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang View Post
I just wanted to clarify that, currently, F class is not loaded on flights before 30JUN. Flights after 01JUL still have F class. Obviously, we don't know how flights will operate in Jul., but it is definitely too early and misleading to say "No F class anymore."
I meant currently there are no f class on offered.
Old May 17, 20, 8:46 am

Thank you for that explanation. I am using up as many of my Asia miles as possible right now so that is my means of securing F out of LAX-HKG in late January.

I imagine if F is pulled off LAX due to aircraft swap Id have the mileage difference rebanked? Also, if it stay as a 4 class 777, how does one properly request a F class upgrade with a J class award booking? I was told to secure the F booking and a J booking now and within a few weeks or less of departure CX might release one more F seat award. Id love to be able to secure that seat if it opens.

Thank you!
Old May 17, 20, 11:02 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by SFO756FO View Post
Also, if it stay as a 4 class 777, how does one properly request a F class upgrade with a J class award booking? I was told to secure the F booking and a J booking now and within a few weeks or less of departure CX might release one more F seat award. Id love to be able to secure that seat if it opens.
That's a re-issue and you have to pay the re-issue penalty (100USD or 10000AM).
Old May 18, 20, 1:17 am

While not quite just business class per se, the onboard magazine and shopping booklet have all been yanked away. And wet towels have been replaced with sanitary (sealed) wet wipes.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old May 18, 20, 2:41 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
While not quite just business class per se, the onboard magazine and shopping booklet have all been yanked away. And wet towels have been replaced with sanitary (sealed) wet wipes.
In this case does anyone know if sales of inflight duty free is still on? I ask cos I am flying in 2 weeks' time & have a $50 voucher that would like to use before it expires in Aug. Thanks.

Search this Thread