Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2020, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by Donkitravel
Please do not. If you apply for membership holiday, you will be unable to enjoy free automatic renewal. Extension of status due to COVID-19 will be covering members due for renewal from Jan to Apr 2021.

News from reliable source. It will be announced soon.
"If you have not started your Membership Holiday, you can cancel it and your entitlement will be reinstated. Once the Membership Holiday has started, no changes or cancellations can be made; however, for this exceptional situation, we can reinstate your entitlement. The automatic tier renewal only applies to memberships expiring between May and December 2020 and can’t be carried forward to the next year."

The above is on the CX website in respect of May to Dec 2020 auto renewals. I went on "holiday" this month as I wanted certainty and knew I can't travel until earliest next year so hopefully I can cancel too once the auto renewal for Jan to April is announced.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:05 pm

Please do not. If you apply for membership holiday, you will be unable to enjoy free automatic renewal. Extension of status due to COVID-19 will be covering members due for renewal from Jan to Apr 2021.

Yep, I just got the email that my Diamond status (expiring in Jan 2021) will be renewed for another year.

And, any mid-tier benefits expiring within May 2020 - Apr 2021 will also be renewed for another year.
NetJets Germany likes this.

Last edited by Fly Me To The Moon; May 17, 2020 at 8:18 pm
Old May 17, 2020, 8:14 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Yep, I just got the email that my Diamond status (expiring in Jan 2021) will be renewed for another year.

And, any mid-tier benefits expiring within May 2020 - Apr 2021 will also be renewed for another year.
me, too!
HaikalS likes this.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:26 pm

Programs: CX GO, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, World of Hyatt Globalist & M life Gold
Ditto - Silver Member here expiring in March 2021 (now 2022)
Old May 17, 2020, 8:38 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Same for my Green membership expiring in Feb 2021.
Nicc HK likes this.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Same here! CX made my day. Now my Gold status will last till MARCH 2022!
royng likes this.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:50 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

It came true. If April 2021 is the cut off date this time, then May 2020 and June 2020 miss out again...
Old May 17, 2020, 8:50 pm

same for silver (apr 2021)
Old May 17, 2020, 9:02 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
Yes good news. I'd hit 1800 points in March after 7 months and decided to reset in early April as further points between then and my original expiry date of August were going to be wasted. Then they announced a blanket extension for everyone with May to December expiry dates and I was left wondering if I'd tried to be too clever and should have just waited to see if there would be an extension. Since travel looks to be quite hard for the next few months at least, I was resigned to asking for an extension to reach 1200 this membership year sometime in March next year. So today's news that I hang on to my Diamond card until April 2022 is very positive. CX back to being my favourite airline again (not that it wasn't anyway when the competition is BA :-)
Old May 17, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Same for me. Diamond until April 2022. Well done CX/MPC for being so proactive!
Old May 17, 2020, 9:41 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Membership Extended +1 Year, Elite Status Relief

I know this has been posted upthread a few times, I just added a bold title to make it more clear if anyone comes here later. Based on those anecdotes and two in my family, it seems CX is extending +1 year. Definitely the right move in my view. Kudos to CX better late than never.

My anecdotes (both DM):
Me: Original April 2021 + 1 year extension = April 2022
Mrs. QRC: Original Jan 2021 + 1 year extension = Jan 2022
HaikalS likes this.
Old May 17, 2020, 10:38 pm

What a pleasant surprise I had from Marco Polo when I received their email today on the status renewal +12 months after Apr 2021. 😉

thank you Marco Polo!!
Old May 17, 2020, 10:59 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold

I am the victim of membership holiday!

My previous membership would expire in February 2021. Three weeks ago, I applied membership holiday and it ends in June 2021 now. Thus, I didn’t receive the renewing status email from MPC.

However, I read other people’s email below: “ We will therefore be renewing your XX status for another 12 months when it expires in 2021, even if the normal renewal requirement is not met. “ I guess I still can get the one year membership extension to June 2022 because I meet the criteria “ expire in 2021 “???

Last edited by wyskevin; May 17, 2020 at 11:33 pm
Old May 17, 2020, 11:10 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Does this mean, if travel restrictions will be lifted, we will have almost 2 years to accrue the necessary points for our status renewal or upgrade?

Or MPC already knew we won’t be able to fly and accrue points in the next year?
Old May 17, 2020, 11:17 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by boybi
Does this mean, if travel restrictions will be lifted, we will have almost 2 years to accrue the necessary points for our status renewal or upgrade?

Or MPC already knew we won’t be able to fly and accrue points in the next year?
I expect it will work this way. Just say your member year expires Feb 2021. Any club points earned up until feb 2021 will be reset at 1 March 2021, and you will be auto renewed for another year at this point regardless of what you earned in the previous year. The points up to Feb 2021 won’t be rolled forward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.