Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 coronavirus - effect on Cathay Pacific

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid-19 coronavirus - effect on Cathay Pacific

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 7:35 am

Does anyone know what is CX's plan for NY-HK route? it seems that CX 845 is not flying daily.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EP, United Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by quintic
see my post above rebooked to CX845
Thanks, saw your post but wasn’t sure when I first read it if it was initiated by you or them. How did you find out, email? Your flight is Presidents Weekend? Just wondering when I will be contacted, don’t like being in limbo.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by VTrain
Thanks, saw your post but wasn’t sure when I first read it if it was initiated by you or them. How did you find out, email? Your flight is Presidents Weekend? Just wondering when I will be contacted, don’t like being in limbo.
manage my booking.
EWR-HKG was still listed at top, but with cancelled on the side, and then JFK-HKG listed under EWR-HKG flight.
when is your flight?

Last edited by quintic; Feb 8, 2020 at 9:06 am
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
I am supposed to fly on Feb 15 ewr hkg and book r via amex travel. Amex didn't send me anything despite I was rebooked inbound to JFK. The outbound is still intact but CX sent me an email about the cancellation of EWR HKG and said my PNR will be update in 24 hours (13 hrs ago).

Expertflyer says all the flights are zero out except F cabin. How would travel agent be able to rebook me in there is no original inventory on the date that I fly?
​​​​
Did they re-book. you to CX845, which is about the same schedule.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EP, United Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by quintic
manage my booking.
EWR-HKG was still listed at top, but with cancelled on the side, and then JFK-HKG listed under EWR-HKG flight.
when is your flight?
3/20. Funny thing is, I just got rebooked for the second segment, HKG-ADL (which doesn’t work for me as it’s the next day so will ask to switch to SYD). But they haven’t changed the EWR-HKG yet. Go figure.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 10:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by wco81
I don't understand why CX would cancel flights between HKG and EWR but not other US cities and HKG?
Only part of the equation is directly the result of the virus. Even before that problem, political unrest in HKG has caused a massive drop in traffic. Part of the reason why, even if the virus is dealt with in short order, it is going to take a long time for demand to come back.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by witthuus
The only problem is that we are leaving JFK to MLE on Sunday morning and I am afraid that QR won't let us fly without a confirmed return ticket or they won't let us through immigration in MLE.
seem like MLE is being cancelled from 1st March. But IAD will be cancelled from next week. There are flights from MLE to HKG on 22/feb. and check on CX website indicate that they are routing via LAX n connecting to AA flights to IAD. But since your is AS award, not sure what will be the arrangement. Maybe can fly to JFK?

EDIT: CX timetable show 23/feb schedule but not bookable though.

Last edited by sbs2716g; Feb 8, 2020 at 10:50 am
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:13 am

Has anyone been rescheduled on IAD-HKG yet? Inventory is still zeroed after Feb 11 (which is a bit odd, since their last non-zeroed HKG-IAD flight is still scheduled for Feb 13... and they’ll need to get that plane back to HKG).

I’m scheduled to fly a few days after the assumed cancellations start, but my ticket still shows as confirmed.

I’ve got a preferred backup plan, but CX couldn’t assist because IAD-HKG isn’t officially showing as cancelled yet.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:17 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by tvmatt
Has anyone been rescheduled on IAD-HKG yet? Inventory is still zeroed after Feb 11 (which is a bit odd, since their last non-zeroed HKG-IAD flight is still scheduled for Feb 13... and they’ll need to get that plane back to HKG).

I’m scheduled to fly a few days after the assumed cancellations start, but my ticket still shows as confirmed.

I’ve got a preferred backup plan, but CX couldn’t assist because IAD-HKG isn’t officially showing as cancelled yet.
Nope. No email, no contact, nada. The official verbatim that the staff used when I called in twice about it was "bookings are suspended, flights are still operating" despite being suspended officially on the CX press release.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:19 am

I am on a IAD flight in March and mine still shows confirmed. No changes noted. At this point I am either going to cancel the trip and rebook a trip elsewhere ASAP (on another OW carrier to burn up my Asia Miles) or I am going kick my trip out to the fall. Looking at my options now. I haven't bothered to call in since I doubt Asia Miles will do anything for me since the ticket is still showing as confirmed. I understand they are slammed but I wish they'd get a move on. I am less concerned that they haven't notified me (given when I am travelling) but that they haven't notified folks leaving in next couple of weeks.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Feb 8, 2020 at 12:57 pm
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by PIJD
Hello, is CX good about putting you up in a Hotel? I have a paid one-way from PNH to HKG on March 14th arriving HK 15:30. I have a separate ticket on Swiss later that day technically March 15th at 00:20 to Zurich.
I got the e-mail yesterday that my original flight had been rescheduled a day earlier to March 13th arriving HK at 22:35. Thats actually OK with us however I will have to eat one night hotel already paid for in Phnom Pehn but the question is how do I get CX to pay for a night at HK as now I will have a 26 hour layover in HK. Gracias!
Others likely have more experience but given you are on separate tickets I doubt they will accommodate you on paying for a hotel. That is one of the risks we take when doing separate tickets. If you have travel interruption insurance either that you purchased or through a credit card you can likely claim that here. That said it doesn't hurt to ask but I think it is a long shot.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by witthuus
Would appreciate if somebody would know the next step. We are leaving for MLE through DOH ( seperate ticket ) tomorrow and I hate the idea of leaving the US without knowing how to get back home. AS can't help as they have not been informed by CX of the cancellation and CX cannot be reached. Contacted CX on Facebook but no response Thank you
I have a feeling CX is only cancelling the MLE service 27FEB-28MAR. Flights before 27FEB are still bookable, so your MLEHKG flight may still be there.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by pbd456
I am supposed to fly on Feb 15 ewr hkg and book r via amex travel. Amex didn't send me anything despite I was rebooked inbound to JFK. The outbound is still intact but CX sent me an email about the cancellation of EWR HKG and said my PNR will be update in 24 hours (13 hrs ago).

Expertflyer says all the flights are zero out except F cabin. How would travel agent be able to rebook me in there is no original inventory on the date that I fly?
​​​​
CX may be zeroing out JFKHKG availability to accommodate all the pax from EWRHKG. EWRHKG doesn't have F, so F doesn't need to be zeroed out. IF CX says PNR will be updated in 24 hours, they are likely rebooking you in 24 hours on a JFKHKG flight.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Does anyone have a CX support email, or chat site? Got auto-rebooked and I need to ask for an adjustment to make the flights work for me. No option to hold currently on the US line, and the MPC line is an endless hold with no one picking up.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
Does anyone have a CX support email, or chat site? Got auto-rebooked and I need to ask for an adjustment to make the flights work for me. No option to hold currently on the US line, and the MPC line is an endless hold with no one picking up.
DM @CathayPacific on Twitter. They’re also slammed/slow to respond, but have been helpful with some other recent rebooking requests I’ve had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.