Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Inflight amenity changes - First and Business - Oct 2019 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
This thread is to discuss changes in inflight amenities in First and Business class from October 2019.
Discussion regarding First Class catering is in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...9-onwards.html
Print Wikipost

Inflight amenity changes - First and Business - Oct 2019 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
On these mass-produced items, the manufacturer (be it l'Occitane, Aesop or others) tend to design "cheaper" specific products (content and container)..Hence, it is hard to judge from the retail quality of the product. Airline look for a brand with good reputation but the content might not be as good as what you find in stores.

I did not like the Aesop lotion because it has too much scent; which bothers me at sleep. But that is a personal thing as my wife liked it.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:21 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
In my experience the products in the HK lounges match the Aesop retail products that I have tried.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by brunos
On these mass-produced items, the manufacturer (be it l'Occitane, Aesop or others) tend to design "cheaper" specific products (content and container)..Hence, it is hard to judge from the retail quality of the product. Airline look for a brand with good reputation but the content might not be as good as what you find in stores.

I did not like the Aesop lotion because it has too much scent; which bothers me at sleep. But that is a personal thing as my wife liked it.
The whole point of a premium product being used by an airline in F (and J) is to introduce the line and hope the passenger will start purchasing it. Why provide an inferior version?

I look forward to the new kit. Rather tired of the Aesop case.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 8:38 pm

Come on!! Comparing loccitane with Aesop! Really???

Last edited by londonexpert; Sep 30, 2019 at 5:03 am
Old Sep 28, 2019, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Shareholder
The whole point of a premium product being used by an airline in F (and J) is to introduce the line and hope the passenger will start purchasing it.
I thought that there were other reasons, too, like selling lots of your product to airlines and hotels that you wouldn't otherwise sell. Sorry, my mistake.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I thought that there were other reasons, too, like selling lots of your product to airlines and hotels that you wouldn't otherwise sell. Sorry, my mistake.
Yeah even if they're selling at deep discount the margins on that stuff are so outrageous it's likely still profitable.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by agjil
I'm not familiar with Bamford, but is this brand comparable to Aesop in terms of quality?
Or is one better than the other?
A quick Google of Bamford shows it's sold in Liberty in London (assuming it's the same Bamford), so that indicates it must be of decent quality as Liberty is an upmarket store.

That said, I do love Aesop products.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Interestingly from my experience I'd have said L'Occitane and Aesop were the two brands that offer their retail quality product for airlines and hotels.

Crabtree & Evelyn La Source for Hilton was an example of licensing/outsourcing.

Originally Posted by sxc
In my experience the products in the HK lounges match the Aesop retail products that I have tried.
Agreed. I have Aesop at home and it was always nice to enjoy the products at The Pier.

Originally Posted by jdsworld
A quick Google of Bamford shows it's sold in Liberty in London (assuming it's the same Bamford), so that indicates it must be of decent quality as Liberty is an upmarket store.

Interesting, a surrogate indicator of quality. I've got flights coming up in early October so will watch with interest.

Hoping the pyjamas are still from PYE.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by jdsworld

Actually it's the Bamford family, of JCB fame. Pro-Brexiteers...grrr
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: QF Platium(OWE)/CX Diamond(OWE)/SPG Platium/Marriott Titanium/Hyatt Globalist/Accor Platium/

Just getting onboard Slippers available! Amenities kit remain the same one with Jurlique product.
etkuo, QRC3288, Kacee and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:11 pm

Is mattress pad available?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: TK E+, AS Gold

Onboard CX840 to JFK. Can confirm that the mattress pad and new duvet are available! No slippers in sight however. Mattress pad is probably similar/as thin as TK’s.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: TK E+, AS Gold

Update: Slippers handed out! (plus some additional pics)

Amenity kit is still the old Jurlique kit. Also still Aesop in the Pier showers
etkuo, QRC3288, Kacee and 1 others like this.

Last edited by 9vska; Oct 1, 2019 at 2:10 am
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Is that a new pillow on the 3rd picture?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: MPC, OneWorld, 1865 Voyager, Hyatt, Horizon Club
Originally Posted by etkuo
Is that a new pillow on the 3rd picture?
Yes. I also noticed the new pillow on today’s flight from BKK as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.