FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   The Wing Cabana Question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1970536-wing-cabana-question.html)

xkr0p May 20, 2019 9:24 am

The Wing Cabana Question

I guess I have a question I havn't seen answers for yet, tried searching a little...

I see the hours listed for the lounge ending at 12:30 am. Does anyone know up until what time the cabanas stay available until? I would be arriving at around 5pm, and I know they are often booked so would be hoping I would be able to get a slot. My flight isn't until 1am, so there is plenty of time to wait.

Thanks I appreciate the advice!

sleepro May 20, 2019 5:16 pm

I got there around 4:30pm last Saturday and all cabanas were occupied After ordering and finishing a few dishes in the dining room, the buzzer went off. So I guess I waited 20 min or so?

boybi May 20, 2019 6:01 pm

Waited around 30min when I went there last month.

fakecd May 20, 2019 6:21 pm

i believe cabana is.open till wing close. but dining at wing is absolute dismal so.i suggest once u done with cabana head over to pier for proper dining... few times i had time to spare i went cabana, it is very relaxing and adequate. but i often sacrified by eating at wing which is think is rated 3 out of 10 if dining at pier is rated 7/10 to give u an idea

boybi May 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd (Post 31121533)
i believe cabana is.open till wing close. but dining at wing is absolute dismal so.i suggest once u done with cabana head over to pier for proper dining... few times i had time to spare i went cabana, it is very relaxing and adequate. but i often sacrified by eating at wing which is think is rated 3 out of 10 if dining at pier is rated 7/10 to give u an idea

The last time I went to the Wing and Pier First, they have exactly the same menu.

londonexpert May 20, 2019 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by boybi (Post 31121774)
The last time I went to the Wing and Pier First, they have exactly the same menu.

I find both wing and Pier to be ok. Not fine dining but edible and not as bad as some people here make out to be.

aacar May 20, 2019 11:15 pm

Had to wait about 4 hrs for a cabana this past Friday evening.

sleepro May 21, 2019 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by boybi (Post 31121774)

Same mains but more options for starters and sweets at Pier.

clubeurope May 26, 2019 2:10 pm

The most I've waited is an hour for a cabana, but it was good fun of an hour as I was sitting in the champagne bar. Needless to say, after every glass topped up made the wait felt quicker! :D

CarefreeBA May 26, 2019 7:56 pm

I much prefer to go to the Pier business lounge's noodle bar and get noodles/dim sum than the first lounge, then make the walk back to the cabanas in the Wing as an excuse to get some exercise in an airport.

Not sure if it's my preference for that kind of food, but I don't find the F lounge's food 'all that' and much rather something simple that tasted pretty good, than something 'complicated' done below standards.

My waits at the cabana (2 weeks ago) have both been about 45mins-1hr with 2 people ahead of me. The OP shouldn't need to worry if they're arriving at 5pm.

sparkj May 27, 2019 3:25 am

Originally Posted by CarefreeBA (Post 31141300)
I much prefer to go to the Pier business lounge's noodle bar and get noodles/dim sum than the first lounge, then make the walk back to the cabanas in the Wing as an excuse to get some exercise in an airport.

Not sure if it's my preference for that kind of food, but I don't find the F lounge's food 'all that' and much rather something simple that tasted pretty good, than something 'complicated' done below standards.

My waits at the cabana (2 weeks ago) have both been about 45mins-1hr with 2 people ahead of me. The OP shouldn't need to worry if they're arriving at 5pm.

I'm looking to do the Pier food + Wing cabana combo later next week, but will be arriving at the airport around 7-8pm. What would you say the wait times are around that time? Thanks!

Kate Frost May 27, 2019 9:14 am

Originally Posted by sparkj (Post 31142020)
I'm looking to do the Pier food + Wing cabana combo later next week, but will be arriving at the airport around 7-8pm. What would you say the wait times are around that time? Thanks!

The queue is quite awful around 8-10pm, I did it twice in the past 6 month and have to wait for over 90min.

CarefreeBA May 27, 2019 9:28 am

Originally Posted by sparkj (Post 31142020)

There's nothing wrong in popping into the Wing after security to see what the wait times are, and work around that. You also need to counter in the potential of (lack of) walking time from lounge to gate. I'm not too sure about 7-8pm, sorry, but arriving at 5pm - the wait for a massage for 5.5hours (in the Pier F) if that interests anyone. It's just pot luck really.

Non Compos Mentis May 28, 2019 12:35 am

Originally Posted by CarefreeBA (Post 31142786)
but arriving at 5pm - the wait for a massage for 5.5hours (in the Pier F) if that interests anyone. It's just pot luck really.

A few days ago arriving at 6:30pm the wait for massage was 4 hours.

sparkj Jun 17, 2019 12:29 am

Thanks guys. Just reporting back for future reference:
My Cabana waiting time was 1 hour at 6pm. It was a Tuesday night.
Meanwhile I got to Pier at around 8pm, and they were already fully booked up for the day.