FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   CX should be happy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1932018-cx-should-happy.html)

brunos Sep 23, 2018 6:37 am

CX should be happy

Hong Kong Airline clearly has financing problem for its new planes. Not a surprise given HNA state, but good news for CX.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...lenging-cathay

Cambo Sep 23, 2018 7:26 am

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 30235559)
Hong Kong Airline clearly has financing problem for its new planes. Not a surprise given HNA state, but good news for CX.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...lenging-cathay

Maybe, this is an indication that CX, despite all the critics, is not doing things that bad at all........

AviationAddict Sep 23, 2018 8:10 am

Which is kinda sad though, HX service and quality is not bad honestly - though they really lack a good alliance/ffp to encourage more business.

tfung Sep 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Good news for CX... but terrible news for us passengers and consumers...

cxfan1960 Sep 24, 2018 9:09 am

Originally Posted by tfung (Post 30237981)
Good news for CX... but terrible news for us passengers and consumers...

Yes, I like competition.

cx4ever Sep 24, 2018 9:24 am

Originally Posted by cxfan1960 (Post 30239504)
Yes, I like competition.

Like competition from the subsidized ME3 and Mainland Chinese airlines? They're the reason CX has gone downhill. I support fair competition, but that's unfortunately not what we're seeing in this day and age.

I support competition from Eva, Singapore, and Qantas, but not HK Airlines and HK Express. Feel free to correct me if I said anything wrong, I've not been very up to date recently.

kaka Sep 24, 2018 9:43 am

Originally Posted by AviationAddict (Post 30235780)
Which is kinda sad though, HX service and quality is not bad honestly - though they really lack a good alliance/ffp to encourage more business.

its hardly surprising tbh. hna the mother company is a shady business that is in financial and political troubles.

kaka Sep 24, 2018 9:44 am

Originally Posted by cx4ever (Post 30239584)
Like competition from the subsidized ME3 and Mainland Chinese airlines? They're the reason CX has gone downhill. I support fair competition, but that's unfortunately not what we're seeing in this day and age.

I support competition from Eva, Singapore, and Qantas, but not HK Airlines and HK Express. Feel free to correct me if I said anything wrong, I've not been very up to date recently.

how about jal the last few years😂😂

brunos Sep 25, 2018 12:54 am

I always have fun when I read these comments about subsidized airlines. But let's not start again.
Apparently you miss that HK airlines and HKExpress are quite different airlines. The latter one is a true LCC.
HK airline offesr very good value in business. Long flights with full flat bed, lovely lounge at HKIA, priority at security. And given CX food/wine offering in J, not much of a downgrade on HX.
A real competitor for CX.

Aus106080 Sep 25, 2018 1:15 am

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 30242362)
I always have fun when I read these comments about subsidized airlines. But let's not start again.
Apparently you miss that HK airlines and HKExpress are quite different airlines. The latter one is a true LCC.
HK airline offesr very good value in business. Long flights with full flat bed, lovely lounge at HKIA, priority at security. And given CX food/wine offering in J, not much of a downgrade on HX.
A real competitor for CX.

Both Hk airlines and hk express are subsidized, like CN3, HNA and ME3.

percysmith Sep 25, 2018 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Aus106080 (Post 30242406)
Both Hk airlines and hk express are subsidized, like CN3, HNA and ME3.

I don't understand why no one points out CX/KA's subsidisation by the HKSAR, namely in the form of the Third Runway.

Kachjc Sep 25, 2018 3:34 am

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 30242521)

I don't understand why no one points out CX/KA's subsidisation by the HKSAR, namely in the form of the Third Runway.

lol.... someone must have failed economics....

percysmith Sep 25, 2018 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Kachjc (Post 30242606)
lol.... someone must have failed economics....

Yes indeed. I passed

CX HK Sep 25, 2018 8:01 pm

I agree. Especially given the unknown fate of its parent company HNA. HNA just sold a large amount of shares to some shell company registered in a tax haven... it's hard to believe an airline can grow healthily and safely when the parent company is so unstable.

kaka Sep 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by CX HK (Post 30245833)
I agree. Especially given the unknown fate of its parent company HNA. HNA just sold a large amount of shares to some shell company registered in a tax haven... it's hard to believe an airline can grow healthily and safely when the parent company is so unstable.

subsidies is one thing
the non-conformance to rules and safety and labour rights is the other.
look at the salary bill of cx and then those conpanies.