FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   CX temporary Lounge at ICN - Airlines Association Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1891873-cx-temporary-lounge-icn-airlines-association-lounge.html)

ma930407 Feb 2, 2018 4:15 am

CX temporary Lounge at ICN - Airlines Association Lounge

Hi everyone - does anyone know which lounge CX now uses in ICN?
I found "Airlines Association Lounge" on CX website but I cannot find information about this lounge.
Thanks!

Isochronous Feb 5, 2018 11:32 pm

There is a dedicated CX lounge at ICN but nothing special - reminded me of PVG, actually.

sxc Feb 5, 2018 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous (Post 29384522)
There is a dedicated CX lounge at ICN but nothing special - reminded me of PVG, actually.

The CX lounge has closed for refurb.

lewisyu Feb 5, 2018 11:49 pm

CX ICN lounge is at Terminal A. You can enjoy Korean Cup noodle there. :p

EDIT: Sorry that didn't aware it is closed. My last visit was at Oct.

carrotjuice Feb 6, 2018 3:44 am

The Airlines Association Lounge is used if your flight departs from the gates closer to immigration, without having to take the air train.

It’s a crappy makeshift boring conference room camouflaged as a “lounge” - with old sofas and food served from serving stations along the corridor. Total embarrassment for any airline that chooses to use it.

xuukgo Feb 6, 2018 4:39 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 29384956)
The Airlines Association Lounge is used if your flight departs from the gates closer to immigration, without having to take the air train.

It’s a crappy makeshift boring conference room camouflaged as a “lounge” - with old sofas and food served from serving stations along the corridor. Total embarrassment for any airline that chooses to use it.

So does it mean that all CX flight no longer depart from those gate 12X now? No need to take the train to that terminal?

carrotjuice Feb 6, 2018 5:22 am

I am made to understand from the checkin staff that some, occasionally, still do - especially if ICN runs out of gate slots on certain days - but they attempt to minimise that.

Originally Posted by xuukgo (Post 29385046)

So does it mean that all CX flight no longer depart from those gate 12X now? No need to take the train to that terminal?

Philvid2 Apr 15, 2018 5:05 am

Does anyone know when the lounge will reopen? This article says 2019, but the article seems to imply that work hasn't started yet.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/what-s-next...lounge-roadmap

casbroker Apr 15, 2018 7:58 pm

The temporary lounge is quite horrendous and I can't figure out why someone prefers to be in a windowless room when ICN has so many seats at the gates and good food at the restaurant. The old CX lounge at ICN wasn't great but at least it had natural light.

samwise6222 Apr 16, 2018 6:09 am

Originally Posted by xuukgo (Post 29385046)

Yes. Nowadays, they leave from gates 49/50

mcrw00 May 5, 2018 6:37 am

Sounds pretty dismal, but does this lounge at least have showers?

littlevoices May 5, 2018 10:06 am

Originally Posted by mcrw00 (Post 29718413)
Sounds pretty dismal, but does this lounge at least have showers?

It doesn't even have toilets in the lounge, you have to go outside to the public ones. As such fairly certain that there isn't a shower. It is a really poor show, especially considering the premium pricing that CX continues to charge for Seoul business class. Don't arrive early.

corbomite May 5, 2018 8:47 pm

It's sad but CX and SQ won't have new lounges until their turn in the lounge site musical chair game. Right now OZ is moving their lounges to where the KE lounges were so only once that is complete can CX and SQ start building their new lounges.

sxc May 5, 2018 8:50 pm

So for the time being it looks like priority pass lounges might be a better choice?

HKGglobaltrotter May 5, 2018 11:03 pm

I flew out of ICN last Sunday. Went to this lounge to check out and within 30 secs I walked out. It was a depressing space and I'd rather sit and wait near the gate area.

I can only think of another lounge that is even more depressing than this one at ICN - the lounge at KIX. Though as an Oneworld member there's the JAL lounge as an alternative option albeit at the other end of the concourse.