Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CXSecrets rumour: Dine on Demand cancelled, Buy on Board coming?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CXSecrets rumour: Dine on Demand cancelled, Buy on Board coming?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by percysmith
However me and my friends still have our fair share of relations who still take the "if it's not CX I ain't flying" attitude.
Same here, especially among the older generation. Very similar dynamics to SQ and its customer base though they are even more blindly loyal IMO. They grumble, whine and ..... but won't switch, so they deserve what they get if they don't shop around.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
1. Seems like it could be grass is greener on the other side - just noticed a similar thread on QF where CX was cited as good https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qant...l#post29288813

2. Food is not a USP for CX

I haven't had a lunch at work or even with friends where CX isn't being trashed. Their cost cutting is known.

However me and my friends still have our fair share of relations who still take the "if it's not CX I ain't flying" attitude.
its hard to burn miles and switch for some routes lol. Sq miles cost more (harder to get and in some situations it actually cost more) and jl seats are limited (2 flights a day).
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: CX, BA
Buy on Board is just ridiculous. To ICN, KIX, NRT, OZ, KE, HX all provides full hot meal in Y, not the pathetic paper box meal and a pack of Vita lemon tea CX gives. Flown in CX412 the red eye ICN flight in Y recently, there were a cold prepackaged croissant with a small piece of smoked salmon in it, my companion said it was awful. For me, I just want to return that to the FA immediately after opening the paper box as the food looks so unattractive. There were also a small of cup of salad with no salad sauce whatsoever, taste awful. And a piece of cookie, that's it. It doesn't get any better if special meal is requested. They are equally terrible. In the past, I heard from somewhere that you could get away with the horrible meal by ordering special meal. Now though, it seems that it doesn't work anymore as CX managed to make cheap special meals for these red eye and short flights.

To CX: If you find out that not much passengers eat the food you offer on red eye flights to ICN NRT whatever, it is NOT because they don't want to eat at that timing or in such a short flight. It IS because the food is so awful that they would rather starve themselves and eat something at the destination airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.