Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Why would you still stay in the Marco Polo Club ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Macro Polo

Recently, start thinking if stays in the Marco Polo Club and keep the status is really a great choice after some frustrated experience on communication.

Curiously, wondering to ask guru's here - what's the reason you still stay with Marco Polo ?

First, I'm kind of realizing recently that maintaining a status with JAL (Japan Airline) might be easier and enjoy same benefit (because it is also OneWorld alliance).

I would say I was very loyal to Marco Polo in a way that I frequently do finish most survey(compliment or complain), sharing what I saw that might help CX to get better, however, I feel those suggestion might never been actually heard. (Am I been a bit too naive here )

Just few weeks ago, my friend trapped in the Finland airport because of not having a valid visa to doing transferring in China. It's definitely our fault without doubt.

However, while calling the Marco Polo, I extremely surprised that they are not showing a strong will to help us. That is, they can't even help us to coordinate with their friend - Finair. Not even try to help us coordinate with Finair, but also not able to provide any local contacts of both CX or Finair in Finland. Just repeatedly saying that they have no control over partners. Yes, this is understood, but not even trying to communicate or at least provide contact let us to communicate ? I totally don't get the attitude behind that.

After that accident, I wrote few feedbacks, and those feedback is a bit like canned message:

Thank you for your email. Your feedback is extremely important to us as it gives us an opportunity to improve our services.

I understand why you have made this request in the circumstances and would like to thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I am very sorry to learn that you were disappointed on not being able to receive assistance from us when travelling with Finnair and do wish to apologize for the poor impression created.

We certainly appreciate comments that frequent fliers like you as this allows us to identify areas in which we are failing to meet the expectations of our passengers. Please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the relevant department for their review. I sincerely hope that your next flight with us will be pleasant in all aspect.

Thank you once again for bringing this matter to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you onboard one of our flights again soon.
That's the first one, looks fine. However, I hope no one will further suffer from this kind of circumstances (...at least a proper contact, is that really something CX can't do ?) . I asked what will be the action items to help other members to benefit from my feedback. So I ask for follow-up. Then I got this:

Thank you for your latest email in regards to feedback submitted.

Kindly allow me to explain that we do take all feedback seriously as this help us to better understand passenger needs and what changes can be undertaken.

Therefore any feedback regarding our service are forwarded to the relevant department’s attention so that they can review and adjust the service delivery areas.

I understand that feedback sent to us may not show immediate results, as various factors will have to be considered before any changes can be implemented. As these pertain to internal handling procedure I am sorry that I am unable to comment on this and do hope to have your understanding in this matter.
Yes, exactly, I want to know what's the changes will be implemented. How can I know they are taking it serious as they claim ? I do have a rough feeling that services quality (not facility) is treading down every year in CX. That makes me pretty sad as I had lots of great experience with CX, and hoping to have more in the future...

Kind of losing faith and considering focusing more on other One World partners, like JAL's program instead of Marco Polo.

Posting this hope someone can share your feeling of Marco Polo in recent years, am I really asking too much here as a Gold member ?

Since I traveled frequently, I have been communicate with JAL before, my personal experience is they are at least trying actively help when undesired event popped up. At least they do some coordination internally with partners. I thought what really distinguish services is how unexpected handled. What do you guys thoughts ?

BTW, If I want to switch to another One World program, any recommendation ?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
I suppose that was a Finnair flight to China. How can CX help in coordinating?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Because they gave me green status when I thought I should be demoted to Asia miles
mxr, nolounge, cxfan1960 and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: CX
Because MPO isn't your personal travel concierge!

Was this whole ticket purchased through CX?
Why should CX coordinate with Finland on your behalf?
And so was it your friend, or you that got stuck in Finland?
Does your friend even have MPO status?
If not, why are you abusing your status, and expect MPO to help your friend in this situation?

Even you realize it was a canned reply, did you really think CX will instantly hold an urgent board meeting based on that one complaint from you?
Grichka and MattTaiwan like this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by nolounge
Was this whole ticket purchased through CX?
Why should CX coordinate with Finland on your behalf?
And so was it your friend, or you that got stuck in Finland?
Does your friend even have MPO status?
If not, why are you abusing your status, and expect MPO to help your friend in this situation?
Even if CX issued the ticket, it is difficult to imagine how they can help in this situation even if OP was the person with visa problem. If there is anyone to contact CX, that should be the person with the problem or his/her agent.

I still don't understand how CX or Finnair can solve a visa problem.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
To answer OP's question, BA and AA are both considered "easier" program within Oneworld to reach OWE. However, kindly note that none of the programs offer travel concierge services, which I believe are what you are looking for...
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:03 pm

I can see why the OP chose their user name.
mxr and Grichka like this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by LifeIsAMaze
not able to provide any local contacts of both CX or Finair in Finland. Jus ?
I am baffled.
OP knows how to post on FT but doesnt know how to search go to www.finnair.com to find a local contact?
mxr and Grichka like this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Ive said many time in ft
going to china and flying cx is a stupid idea. In fact, going to china is a stupid idea. My life had been better since i stopped going, regardless of cx’s flight network.

i have a much safer life now.

and for the op, cx has nothing to do w ur life. Why dont u ask jal to save you
Hottub Cowboy likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:43 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Just few weeks ago, my friend trapped in the Finland airport because of not having a valid visa to doing transferring in China. It's definitely our fault without doubt.
Even I got a transferring in China question wrong this morning https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chin...l#post28961201

I assume this is a AY-CX transfer in a PRC airport?

While I do not dispute that your beef is with AY not MPO, I am curious at some of the statements MPO made in response.

"Therefore any feedback regarding our service are forwarded to the relevant department’s attention so that they can review and adjust the service delivery areas."

"We certainly appreciate comments that frequent fliers like you as this allows us to identify areas in which we are failing to meet the expectations of our passengers. Please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the relevant department for their review.

Why don't they just simply say - please forward your comments to AY directly for better handling, their contact is [ ]?

It does suggest MPO is hiring second-graders to respond to emails.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:46 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Curiously, wondering to ask guru's here - what's the reason you still stay with Marco Polo ?
Another FTer and I concluded - this will happen if you're HK-based and can meet DM qualification on pure company travel alone. I have a mate who recently awarded DM (I don't want to use the term "accomplished" - for I'm sure he made no active decisions) as a result of company travel.

It's still better than non-CX OWE, if it's simply handed to you. No need to travel 4 times on QF/BA. No need to MR. No need to take time out of your life to run Yokoso fares and back.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by percysmith
It does suggest MPO is hiring second-graders to respond to emails.
I did notice that these past 2 years responses from the Customer Relations Department have been more canned and are signed by South-Asian sounding names. Have they been outsourced? There was one incident that I got a reply fro CRD that they will resend me a copy of my new itinerary and I recall seeing India as the country on the issuing CX entity.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I would say I was very loyal to Marco Polo in a way that I frequently do finish most survey(compliment or complain), sharing what I saw that might help CX to get better, however, I feel those suggestion might never been actually heard. (Am I been a bit too naive here )
In short - yes.

FWIW - while a company has many sources to solicit comments/suggestios, etc., the reality is up to the company to decide if it wants to act or not.

However, while calling the Marco Polo, I extremely surprised that they are not showing a strong will to help us. That is, they can't even help us to coordinate with their friend - Finair. Not even try to help us coordinate with Finair, but also not able to provide any local contacts of both CX or Finair in Finland. Just repeatedly saying that they have no control over partners. Yes, this is understood, but not even trying to communicate or at least provide contact let us to communicate ? I totally don't get the attitude behind that.
OP - do you mind addressing what kind of nexus did CX had in this case?

Kind of losing faith and considering focusing more on other One World partners, like JAL's program instead of Marco Polo.
While CX's programs are definitely not one of the best in OW, JAL's program is not necessarily the best.

I would say OP should cool down and re-evaluate based on flight patterns.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: CX Diamond / Hyatt Courtesy C./ Hertz
This story is as irrelevant as would be suing the carmaker when u get a parking ticket.....
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: CX Diamond / Hyatt Courtesy C./ Hertz

Because CX is the absolute best Airline in the World with the very best FFP, classy Airline, paying attention to customers, great network. I've tried them all and I'm with CX for 20 years + now.
Not sure that makes me a "guru" but that's how I feel about CX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.