FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Cathay early baggage dropoff (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1866800-cathay-early-baggage-dropoff.html)

lixiaojuventus Jul 1, 2019 9:04 am

Originally Posted by cyster2007 (Post 31257771)

I need to stay in Guangzhou overnight on 24th, that’s why don’t want to carry all the luggage. And I think online check-in open 48 hours, CX also accept one day early for in-town check-in, but US regulation does not allow them to print out 24 hours before departure. I did call CX hotline few times and MPC hotline also, their answer both said yes, but I just worry about it

Oh, I see! I actually did not know that CX can accept bags for USA flights more than 24 hours out without printing the BP. Has anyone verified that this is actually doable?

jagmeets Jul 1, 2019 12:17 pm

Me, example above. Bags accepted, BPs generated, more than 24hrs before.

cyster2007 Jul 1, 2019 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 31258801)

boarding pass generated? It is interesting

jagmeets Jul 1, 2019 6:25 pm

Yep, I was surprised too. Had gone upstairs to check in, just to try my luck and avoid having to lug my bag to/from the city, and surprise o surprise!

lixiaojuventus Jul 1, 2019 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 31258801)

Really? BP issued for USA flights more than 24 hours out? Is this the norm now or an exception?

nsolitude Jul 25, 2019 11:32 pm

Hi,

Trying to revive an older thread!

Flying into JFK at 5 am and how likely can I drop off my bags for a noon CX flight? Really don't want to carry all the gifts for my aunties around.

Thank you!

cyster2007 Jul 25, 2019 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by nsolitude (Post 31343811)
Hi,

Trying to revive an older thread!

Flying into JFK at 5 am and how likely can I drop off my bags for a noon CX flight? Really don't want to carry all the gifts for my aunties around.

Thank you!

Are you talking about drop off baggage in JFK? The earliest would be about 7:00am, because CX841 departs at 10am

nsolitude Jul 26, 2019 12:02 am

Originally Posted by cyster2007 (Post 31343851)

Are you talking about drop off baggage in JFK? The earliest would be about 7:00am, because CX841 departs at 10am

Yes! I have an absolutely insane plan of going into the city for a sample sale and then leaving for Asia from NYC! But would it matter if I take the 2:50 pm departure for Hong Kong? Is 7am too early?

cyster2007 Jul 26, 2019 12:26 am

Originally Posted by nsolitude (Post 31343886)
Yes! I have an absolutely insane plan of going into the city for a sample sale and then leaving for Asia from NYC! But would it matter if I take the 2:50 pm departure for Hong Kong? Is 7am too early?

as long as CX counter is open, you can definitely drop off the luggage for same day flight

nsolitude Jul 26, 2019 12:51 am

Thank you so much cyster2007!

RA-wannabe Jul 26, 2019 9:15 am

No problem. They could give you tag ur luggage and issue ur boarding pass for your afternoon flight at around 6 am when they open for their morning flight.

pichalite Feb 1, 2020 8:11 pm

I'm arriving at HKG on SQ at 7:00 am and separately connecting to India on CX at 21:00. Will I be able to check-in my luggage at 7 am at any open CX counter in HKG? I want to camp at The Wing lounge for my long layover and not wanting to go into the city due to current situation. I am traveling in C class.

ernestnywang Feb 1, 2020 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by pichalite (Post 32022106)
I'm arriving at HKG on SQ at 7:00 am and separately connecting to India on CX at 21:00. Will I be able to check-in my luggage at 7 am at any open CX counter in HKG? I want to camp at The Wing lounge for my long layover and not wanting to go into the city due to current situation. I am traveling in C class.

Yes, you will be able to.

Rivarix Feb 2, 2020 6:53 am

Originally Posted by pichalite (Post 32022106)

Why not ask SQ to tag your luggage all the way to India so you don't have to enter HK? SQ did that for me last year involving 4 airlines, 2 alliances and 3 separate tickets. :D

pichalite Feb 3, 2020 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Rivarix (Post 32023436)
Why not ask SQ to tag your luggage all the way to India so you don't have to enter HK? SQ did that for me last year involving 4 airlines, 2 alliances and 3 separate tickets. :D

They are on different PNR. You mean SQ can tag a flight on CX? I don't think that will be possible since CX has its own baggage limits etc. How does that work? Mind sharing which airlines you did before?