Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Passing thru LHR tomorrow as a OWE flying J on AA...

Pretty sure now that this new CX lounge is open it's the best T3 option bar none, right?

Planning on visiting over BA or AA unless someone convinces me otherwise.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stdatwmu
Passing thru LHR tomorrow as a OWE flying J on AA...

Pretty sure now that this new CX lounge is open it's the best T3 option bar none, right?

Planning on visiting over BA or AA unless someone convinces me otherwise.
There's nothing stopping you from popping your head in to each to judge for yourself., but from the descriptions given, the CX lounge is the tops for most.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
There's nothing stopping you from popping your head in to each to judge for yourself., but from the descriptions given, the CX lounge is the tops for most.
I've been in AA and BA before - I think earlier this year was the last time.

So, unless something's drastically changed, sounds like CX is the new top dog in town.

Jermyn - appreciate the great review, btw. Well done! ^
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by KARFA
I did wonder who the person was wondering around on Friday with the gopro on a stick. Now I know
I think all the coffee and booze has taken its toll on me over the years, I need to mount that thing on something, otherwise the images are a total blur

Next time say hi! I find that anybody taking lounge and plane pics is likely to be somebody I'll get along with

Originally Posted by stdatwmu
I've been in AA and BA before - I think earlier this year was the last time.

So, unless something's drastically changed, sounds like CX is the new top dog in town.

Jermyn - appreciate the great review, btw. Well done! ^
CX is very much the top dog, thanks for the kind words!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Assuming I'm travelling as a BAEC Gold on a BA flight out of T3 would CX bill BA for my use of their lounge? If so, surely this is going to get pretty expensive for BA given the massive gulf between GF and CX F lounges?
CX will invoice BA for your example, and BA will loose the revenue from my JAL funded visits as well. But they will also have less consumption in the lounge.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
CX will invoice BA for your example, and BA will loose the revenue from my JAL funded visits as well. But they will also have less consumption in the lounge.
Indeed the more the heavy drinkers choose the CX lounge, the better for BA.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: MPC DM
Originally Posted by Jermyn
As promised, my review of the new First Class lounge is up in record time

http://www.jarvismarcos.com/2016/12/...december-2016/

I have added this to the wiki too.
I will work to get the Business Class review up in the next day.

I'll be back in the lounges this weekend so if you guys have any more questions that I haven't covered, please let me know!
Thank you Jermyn for your indepth review and many great pictures from different angles (and thanks too to your presumed long suffering travel companion!). I feel I have already visited as a result of your virtual tour, but looking forward to a real visit shortly after next weekend.

I'm so pleased the CX lounge is back and better than before. I've avoided the No. 1 lounge, but have coped just fine being welcomed by BA and AA F lounges - I was only politely declined entry to the BA lounge once after AA F closed at 6:30pm - I say "politely", as the lounge attendant said that as a result of an agreement between CX and BA, CX passengers could come in after 7pm, and she invited me back at that time.

Although I also expect that many BA and AA travellers will simply go to the lounge on their printed invite, I doubt that CX lounge will remain a well kept or even not so well kept secret.

Heathrow is an airport where I can't time my journey with any accuracy because of traffic or train delays, so I always aim to get there in plenty of time - now there's a real incentive to get there in good time.

thanks again.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
Indeed the more the heavy drinkers choose the CX lounge, the better for BA.
I don't know what is being charged between the carriers for a visit, and how much an lounge average visitor costs. But I would guess over time and experience those two numbers have actually become pretty close....
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
OWE gets access to the First Class side, right?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
OWE gets access to the First Class side, right?
Yep
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yep
Thanks for the quick reply!
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:37 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Jermyn
As promised, my review of the new First Class lounge is up in record time

http://www.jarvismarcos.com/2016/12/...december-2016/

I have added this to the wiki too.
I will work to get the Business Class review up in the next day.

I'll be back in the lounges this weekend so if you guys have any more questions that I haven't covered, please let me know!
Thanks for this review. Lounge looks great! Will be there January 5...
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I presume it is either due to cost, or to preserve something unique for the flagship CX Pier F Lounge in HKG, but it's a shame they don't have a full service bar at this lounge.

I really enjoy entering the Pier F lounge in HKG, turning left, and walking up to bar and ordering a flute of rosé champagne to start the lounge "experience". First world complaint for sure...

The lack of the Laurent Perrier Rosé champagne is a more serious matter!
Old Dec 10, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Thank you Jermyn for the excellent review (as always - I spent a whole evening last week engrossed by your travels to and from Bali ^).

Good bye BA burger as l shall be frequenting the CX F lounge from now on ...starting tomorrow.

OF
Old Dec 10, 2016, 8:17 am

Breakfast options

I'm sure a saw a post last few days where somebody mentioned the breakfast options in the BA F lounge remain better/more extensive than whats available in the new CX F lounge dinning room.

Cant find that post now - what are the views of others? Breakfast in the dining room or should i schlep over to the BA F lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.