FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   How long does it take for new status to reflect? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1767312-how-long-does-take-new-status-reflect.html)

imnewhere May 21, 2016 6:54 am

How long does it take for new status to reflect?

I am Gold until May 31 and will drop to SL from June 1. I am flying JAL on June 1 from the U.S to HK. Is my OWR going to be reflected on June 1 when I check in at U.S. or when I transit in Tokyo? Is there any chance it will still show OWS and allow me to access the lounge?

oliver_dvs May 22, 2016 1:26 am

I know I'm not answering the question but JAL do offer lounge access to PEY, even some Y fares. You can check it here: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/servi...ber/class.html

fast03 Sep 7, 2017 10:15 pm

Just writing on top of this existing thread as my concern matches the title.

I managed to get back to DM recently after being dropped to GO about 8 months ago. My app still says "Your upgrade to Diamond membership is in progress" for about 3 days now. So how long does it usually take?

I never consciously tracked it in the past but I'm asking as I have a flight tonight and obviously want the DM benefits for that flight. Thanks.

cxfan1960 Sep 7, 2017 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by fast03 (Post 28790908)

I managed to get back to DM recently after being dropped to GO about 8 months ago. My app still says "Your upgrade to Diamond membership is in progress" for about 3 days now. So how long does it usually take?

I never consciously tracked it in the past but I'm asking as I have a flight tonight and obviously want the DM benefits for that flight. Thanks.

Interesting... call MPC.

FlyPointyEnd Sep 7, 2017 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by fast03 (Post 28790908)

Agree with cxfan1960 that you need to call MPC, the first time I hit DM, we had to reset manually.

fast03 Sep 8, 2017 2:44 am

Thanks and that solves it. Gave them a call and went back 30 mins and I could see the new status reflect now. Odd that you have to call to get that done. Cheers.

cxfan1960 Sep 8, 2017 3:02 am

Originally Posted by fast03 (Post 28791408)
Thanks and that solves it. Gave them a call and went back 30 mins and I could see the new status reflect now. Odd that you have to call to get that done. Cheers.

It is usually done automatically and very quickly. Three days was way too long, but anything can happen especially with CX IT. That's why I suggested you call.

Ausriver Sep 8, 2017 6:27 am

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd (Post 28791088)
Agree with cxfan1960 that you need to call MPC, the first time I hit DM, we had to reset manually.

Mine was set few hours after the miles posted, everything happened automatically.

Rami Tamimi Sep 8, 2017 10:20 am

Status update on the when travelling on the airline you are travelling with is normally fine...the issue is when you fly partners. It took OW airlines over a month to finally recognise me as an Emerald when I upgraded many years ago.

Even then, published benefits are not normally an issue, but you can forget about the onboard recognition, higher upgrade priority etc...walking into priority boarding queue with an account printout is not nice either.

Nicc HK Sep 8, 2017 9:29 pm

Out of curiousity, would the different time zones make a difference?

For instance the traveller departs on 1 June US time, but the date in HK could already be the 2 June, which means that CX (assuming their IT actually works) will have had an additional day to process any change.