FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Significant catering changes being test run in J class long-haul (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1722704-significant-catering-changes-being-test-run-j-class-long-haul.html)

nldogbert Mar 29, 2016 5:03 am

Originally Posted by NZJuniorDoc (Post 26396173)
I remmeber flying in j first time ever in 2001 as a 13 year old on a then new 343 with the Z slope seats.

I distinctively remember J meals bring plated at your seat. A trolley with all the entrees in big casserole dishes would come down the isle and you would have the meal plated beside you

Oh how things have changed these days

Just flew 271 from HKG-AMS. On this flight, the crew was still coming down the aisle for the main course (both dinner and breakfast).
All in all, not bad - since this was a very late departure flight, service was quick and friendly on my side.
Wine was served with a tasting first.

All in all - I did not find any degradation in service as I remember it from my last flight with them a year ago.

[Only complain was some of the so-called Purser and Inflight Supervisor did not see like they wanted to be on the flight. No greetings as expected as an Emerald - also the the lady in black did nearly nothing as far as I could see - no smiles or any communication with passengers in J]

jsfrSE Mar 29, 2016 7:38 am

Originally Posted by kesler.go (Post 26396883)
Cabin crew or FAs are not flying waiters/waitresses....I can't believe someone who claims to fly so much, would still have that narrow-minded opinion of cabin crews.

+1 ^

KUL1971 May 22, 2016 5:16 am

Was on CX163 recently, seated in mini J. Late departure at 2210HKT. Smooth flight all the way, but got my meal tray +2hours after departure, main meal served +2.5hours into the flight n lights out almost an hour later at 1am HKT. Given CX is notorious in serving breakfast 2+ hours before arrival, right on q, lights on at 0415HKT n breakfast service, which i skipped as trying to catch more sleep.
lights out again at 0515HKT, Landed 0640HKT. Not a well travelled n rested flight.

The food improved somewhat compared to the 4 trips i made last year, this being my 1st trip to SYD since November, but the service was off.

Cos my previous trips were much better, with dinner service completed within 2 hours after departure in the mini cabin, and for breakfast service, all previous trips, not all lights were turned on.

All 5 flights had similarly full loads in J, with 1 to 2 empty seats. Incidentally, no greeting was given by crew or ISM on this flight, not one pax in mini J was greeted, not sure though about main cabin.
Maybe this was one of those off days