Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by Iamhappy
Not sure why many areas of the lounge were roped off, and when I enquired about where my wife can breast-feed our new-born baby, the 1st member of staff wasn't able to find anywhere suitable (or with adequate privacy), and then the 2nd member of staff found a section of the lounge (furthest away from the entrance - with no chairs/sofas) which was roped off and said she can breast-feed there but can't stay there (persumably after she has finished).
Getting a bit omni-esque here, but I guess that's a cultural thing. Woman in general in the west don't have the hangups that Chinese women (which is what I guess your wife is) have about breast-feeding in public, so would be quite happy to do it anywhere comfortable.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by christep
Getting a bit omni-esque here, but I guess that's a cultural thing. Woman in general in the west don't have the hangups that Chinese women (which is what I guess your wife is) have about breast-feeding in public, so would be quite happy to do it anywhere comfortable.
Agree. The point I was trying to make is that with many areas roped off, all passengers were squeezed into the areas which are open (and hence less comfortable for all). We simply don't understand why the areas were roped off but are then available when we asked. If all areas of the lounge were initially made available, then the passengers would be more spread out and my wife would have found it more suitable and comfortable to breast-feed without being in a little room with the baby.

It's like being assigned a middle seat on a long haul flight when there are empty rows elsewhere fenced off for no apparant reasons. I, for sure, would move after door close/take-off to the empty rows.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Iamhappy
Agree. The point I was trying to make is that with many areas roped off, all passengers were squeezed into the areas which are open (and hence less comfortable for all). We simply don't understand why the areas were roped off but are then available when we asked. If all areas of the lounge were initially made available, then the passengers would be more spread out and my wife would have found it more suitable and comfortable to breast-feed without being in a little room with the baby.

It's like being assigned a middle seat on a long haul flight when there are empty rows elsewhere fenced off for no apparant reasons. I, for sure, would move after door close/take-off to the empty rows.
You can be 99% certain the areas were roped off so they wouldn't have to clean them/service them. Quite typical in Britain.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by phol

The lounge itself was absolutely rammed and not helped by many areas being roped off as 'reserved for a group'. After a while passengers were cottoning on that they were not really reserved at all and using them anyway.

It would be fine if it wasn't so busy, but next time out of LHR I'll go elsewhere.
What time of day was that? I tried to use No 1 lounge just before xmas using my Priority Pass card, but was shooed away to the dire Swissport lounge (never again). I gathered it was busy because of xmas, but sounds like it's permanently busy with the 5(?) CX flights a day taking up space. I'm flying out of there this Thursday evening and a Friday in May and want to be able to use up my PP card before it expires!!
Old Mar 1, 2016, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by dddc
What time of day was that? I tried to use No 1 lounge just before xmas using my Priority Pass card, but was shooed away to the dire Swissport lounge (never again). I gathered it was busy because of xmas, but sounds like it's permanently busy with the 5(?) CX flights a day taking up space. I'm flying out of there this Thursday evening and a Friday in May and want to be able to use up my PP card before it expires!!
Late afternoon, ahead of the 18xx CX250.
Old May 9, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Any news on the lounge? I'm hoping the project is on time, as I'm flying to PRG in July. It'd be good to see what they've done with the place.
Old May 9, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by phol
You can be 99% certain the areas were roped off so they wouldn't have to clean them/service them. Quite typical in Britain.
I've seen my fair share of these types of shenanigans living in Shanghai.

They clean and tidy it up, say the escalator. Then it's "out of service" until their supervisor visits and sees everything is in order, and all of a sudden it's "fixed." I got annoyed at one of these that I sat there filming the entire process of what the staff did; let's just say they didn't do this anymore.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by paul4040
Any news on the lounge? I'm hoping the project is on time, as I'm flying to PRG in July.
It's now sometime in July (was originally June), don't have a more specific timeframe – so you may be lucky, or you may not.
Old May 11, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG GO
Originally Posted by djsflynn
It's now sometime in July (was originally June), don't have a more specific timeframe – so you may be lucky, or you may not.
When did you get this update? Won't be too surprised if there are further delays...
Old May 11, 2016, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by chfshifter
When did you get this update? Won't be too surprised if there are further delays...
A few weeks back.
Old May 12, 2016, 11:16 pm

Just came back from London. I was informed the CX Lounge won't be ready until July or later. The AA lounge is not up to par when you compare with CX Lounge so don't waste your time at all. Better off going to a restaurant instead
Old May 13, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Silver
Or just use the BA lounge. Assuming you are OneWorld Emerald the BA F lounge (while not great) is better than the AA lounge.
Old May 13, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by Doraemat
Or just use the BA lounge. Assuming you are OneWorld Emerald the BA F lounge (while not great) is better than the AA lounge.
Obviously it's very subjective,but I prefer the AA F lounge,to BA F@T3. Better food options,fully reclinable arm chairs and it does not fill up as much.
Old May 14, 2016, 1:52 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
There's a detailed review of both AA Flagship and BA First at LHR T3 posted by a friend of mine, for those who interested: http://headsandtails.io/heathrow-one...unges-compared

Personally, can't wait for CX First to open in June (or July?). Hope that helps.
Old May 18, 2016, 2:27 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
As of this morning, I came into my client site and a lovely CX representative was handing out leaflets in regards for CX event at my client site.

For anyone hoping the CX lounge would be open in June/July, the CX Lounge in T3 will reopen in August according to this leaflet (which I'm quite bummed since I have some T3 flights in June/July).

Name:  IMG_1268_zpsnrsep3ih.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  275.1 KB

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.