Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Has there been anything official on this yet? I fly out to HKG on 26th November
It's definitely closing on the 25th. The press release will go out on the 17th.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Perhaps this will change, but currently the AA business lounge closes at 9pm and the AA first lounge closes at 4.45pm.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by jlsw7
Perhaps this will change, but currently the AA business lounge closes at 9pm and the AA first lounge closes at 4.45pm.
But why would anyone choose the AA lounge over BA?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
which lounge will CX send the Silver MPC Members to?
1. BA
2. AA
Old Nov 21, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: Some
That's the best T3 lounge option gone for quite a while and imagine the BA lounge is going to be quite a bit busier as a result! (A lot of BA and AA passengers, myself included, seem to prefer the CX lounge as well as all the CX, JL and AY passengers directed to it).
Old Nov 21, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
New London Heathrow LHR lounge (closed until June 2016)

Indeed, I'm a big CX lounge fan. Oh well.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:02 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

I've actually preferred the BA lounge at LHR T3. Food is better, and there is an acoustics problem with the CX lounge that makes every rattle echo through the lounge.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does the lounge close at end of business on 26 November, or end of business 25 November?

Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Does the lounge close at end of business on 26 November, or end of business 25 November?

Thanks
I'm here now and they made it sound like today is the last day it's open. I'm working hard to help them reduce their stock of Veuve so it doesn't go to waste.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:15 am

Thanks for the info! My mobile boarding pass still says CX first lounge, so I guess I will find out when I arrive later
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: AA EXP / CK
It's most definitely closed as of today. The signs all point to it but there is plywood in front of the doors. A sad day when scottish kippers takes over from dan dan noodles...
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:30 am

Yes, they are providing access to the No. 1 Lounge at check in.

I used the BA first lounge, so cannot say if it is any good or not.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:55 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

3 hours, 5 lounges (part 4): Review of the American Airlines lounge, Heathrow Terminal 3
http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11...ow-terminal-3/

This provides reviews of the T3 lounge options.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Only just discovered that my favourite T3 lounge is closed. Sad to miss my breakfast noodle. Sadder still to think that the nice staff may have been laid off, given the length of the closure. I wish they'd seconded some of them to the BA lounge to provide noodles, at least!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.