Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by seafly
We're transitting t3 for 4 tomorrow - excited that it could be soft open, then!
If you are arriving in T3 and departing T4 I doubt you will be able to access the T3 lounge.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you are arriving in T3 and departing T4 I doubt you will be able to access the T3 lounge.
Oops, meant to say transitting for 4 hours*. We are departing from T3.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Oops, meant to say transitting for 4 hours*. We are departing from T3.
makes sense then
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
We're transitting t3 for 4 tomorrow - excited that it could be soft open, then!
It won't be open tomorrow unfortunately. I meant within a week of when I posted. Maybe Monday or Tuesday.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
That's good news. I'll pass through on Dec 22nd and hope to give it a try.
Brilliant. I'm flying from T3 24 Dec and will be chuffed if it is open.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
I'll be departing T3 next week and again the week after.
I'm going to see the new CX F lounge, even if it's the last thing I do
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:35 am

Just heard, the lounge will be open from tomorrow morning.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 7:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by planesailing38
Just heard, the lounge will be open from tomorrow morning.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:32 pm

Confirming Monday Nov 28 for 'soft opening' ahead of an official ribbon-cutting on Dec 7.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Confirming Monday Nov 28 for 'soft opening' ahead of an official ribbon-cutting on Dec 7.
This is amazing,I am flying on the 7th,one day ahead of my birthday....what a good present,CX!
Old Nov 27, 2016, 11:58 pm

Photos now up at http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-catha...eathrow-lounge

Sneak peek:

In short, and as expected, it's like a smaller London outpost of The Pier...
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by corfe mixture
I think you are missing the point. This started life as a seven / eight month project.

However, if outside forces have taken the matter out of Cathay's control, as an earlier - and apparently well informed poster, has suggested, then pulling the plug on the project and going in with Qantas on their new lounge, which is scheduled to open in March, might turn out to be their best, and perhaps only, option.
fake news anyone? hehe.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic
Can officially confirm the "new" Cathay Lounge at LHR T3 is officially open, sitting here now in the First section. The First section is in roughly the same space as before although there's now a dining room, with similar finishes as The Pier at HKG. The Business section has been significantly expanded with a noodle bar with Dan Dan Noodles and dim sum, a regular bar serving drinks, and a kitchen table type seating area with fresh fruit and yogurt. There's also a number of booths for sitting and eating. Overall reminds me of a combination of HKG The Pier and BKK. In short, this has immediately become the nicest OW lounge in T3. And its not even close.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:47 am

Great to hear - once the Qantas lounge opens for a little added variety, one suspects the BA lounges could become markedly less crowded (although there'll still be a lot of BA travellers who will have no idea that they can also use the CX or QF lounges)...
Old Nov 28, 2016, 3:42 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Looks great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.