Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn
Reviews of the NEW T3 lounges:

First Class

Reviews of other T3 lounges:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11/25/review-american-airlines-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-3/

http://jarvismarcos.com/2016/08/the-lounges-of-lhr-t3-ek-cx-and-ba-sept-2014/

Temporary closure of Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Heathrow Airport

As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our passenger experience, the Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London will be temporarily closed from 26 November 2015 to June 2016 for expansion and renovation.

During this period, we would like to invite Silver, Gold and Diamond members of the Marco Polo Club as well as passengers travelling in First and Business Class to use the lounges of our partner airlines. All lounge invitations will be arranged for you upon check-in.

Reflecting our “Life Well Travelled” philosophy and our principle of considered design, this renovation follows updates to Cathay Pacific lounges in Tokyo (Haneda), Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei. With the addition of London, we look forward to providing you with an enhanced experience in the near future.
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow LHR lounge (Now Open)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eagle4121
Any updates?
Yes - it's still not open.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by eagle4121
Any updates?

I phoned and asked them yesterday.

They don't yet have a forecast date and I was offered no information than 'We will post the information on the website'.

When I asked the more specific question of whether or not if it would be open by the 30th November when I am booked to travel, the answer was 'We don't yet know. You will need to check on the website nearer the date'.

It didn't sound at all hopeful and I am guessing they don't have a clue when it might open.

As a result I am starting to think about which will be the best alternative if it is still not open by the end of November.

BA Galleries or AA Admirals Club (at Cathay's invitation)

or even No1 Traveller (I get access to this independent of Cathay).
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:55 am

Very poor indeed. Someone somewhere knows when the darn lounge will be complete.
This is a integral part of the business class experience, to enjoy the lounge prior to a long haul flight and to be farmed out to a substandard alternative is not very satisfactory!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
I got a LHR trip in mid Nov and scheduled to return from LHR on Nov 16. Uh oh! Doesn't look like it will be ready by then

But seriously, ONE WHOLE YEAR to renovate a lounge of that size!!!??? Gosh...talking about efficiency or the apparent lack of!!!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:57 pm

There are (hopefully understandably) limits on what I can share and what I am comfortable sharing, but certainly not all blame for these delays (and arguably not much of it) can be laid at CX's feet.

Yes, 'project management' should play a role in anticipating and factoring in certain delays, but reflect on CX's track record with its other lounges: the HKG ones have run pretty well on schedule (barring a little extra time for The Pier J due to training up staff for new service propositions) and if I recall, the other outstation lounges (HND, BKK, MNL etc) have also been relatively trouble-free.

Yes, this time at LHR we're talking about a much bigger project and with two lounges, but I'd reflect on CX's previous run of lounges and suggest that the core issue may very not be a CX one.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by djsflynn
There are (hopefully understandably) limits on what I can share and what I am comfortable sharing, but certainly not all blame for these delays (and arguably not much of it) can be laid at CX's feet.

Yes, 'project management' should play a role in anticipating and factoring in certain delays, but reflect on CX's track record with its other lounges: the HKG ones have run pretty well on schedule (barring a little extra time for The Pier J due to training up staff for new service propositions) and if I recall, the other outstation lounges (HND, BKK, MNL etc) have also been relatively trouble-free.

Yes, this time at LHR we're talking about a much bigger project and with two lounges, but I'd reflect on CX's previous run of lounges and suggest that the core issue may very not be a CX one.
So if it isn't CX who are to blame presumably it is HAL?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:58 am

I can understand a overrun of a few days, maybe a couple of weeks but not six months !!
totally unacceptable.
Cathay should come clean and let customer know why the delay is happening and when the lounge will finally be open.
I for one don't want to go to the crappy AA lounge...
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by djsflynn

They may try and pass the blame but I'm not convinced.

BKK and YVR were late, and that was before the shambles of The Pier renovation.
Then there's the A350 mess.

CX just don't seem to be very good at project management.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm sure the delay has nothing to do with labor or construction and everything to do with regulatory permits, relationship with the airport (possible rent dispute) and other things in the legal realm.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: Etihad
My first post!

I have followed and read this site with interest for many years.

Cathay has given a little more detail as to the delay, but still with no opening date.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...nge-reopening/

It seems the date for opening is a long way off! Has anyone been past recently.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Travelguym
My first post!

Cathay has given a little more detail as to the delay, but still with no opening date.

This is rather unfortunate - I hardly ever fly from T3 and just by coincidence I have three trips before Christmas all from T3! It is unlikely I will have any further T3 flights for some time unless I book something specifically to depart from there!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
My first post!

I have followed and read this site with interest for many years.

Thanks for your first post and contribution!

A key point in the quote in that link is "design and safety specifications are met"

I wonder if the first design was accepted and work began and then some UK safety inspector came along and said "No, redo everything". Such things have been known to happen.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:44 pm

Now looking like November (well, obviously...!).

Last edited by djsflynn; Oct 24, 2016 at 1:19 pm
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
My first post!
Welcome to Flyertalk, Travelguym!! Thanks for sharing the link!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Concerns over design and safety specifications...

Berlin Brandenburg Airport anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.