FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Amex Facebook Sync Offer: Get $200 back when you spend $2000 at Cathay Pacific (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1575483-amex-facebook-sync-offer-get-200-back-when-you-spend-2000-cathay-pacific.html)

CaptRobPhD May 14, 2014 9:41 pm

It IS similar to the airline credit in that it is per account not per card, and it CANNOT be double dipped (so says the T&C and chat, despite conjecture above). I used yesterday for $200 off $4400 -- double checked prior to buying that I was ineligible for $400. If somebody actually shows me a transaction where additional card also qualified completely for $200 and not towards $200 on primary cardholder, I'll call AMEX share then additional wealth.

AFAIK (and I have 2 AC on my account), additional card holders do not have separate logins from the primary account holder -- the primary can place restrictions on the AC as they are subordinate account. If you've applied for two separate accounts [i.e., primary cardholders], that's different...

seawolf May 15, 2014 6:57 am

Don't know which card you have but additional card members on SPG AMEX, DL AMEX, DL AMEX OPEN, PLAT AMEX, PLAT AMEX OPEN, PLAT Morgan Stanley can all have their own logins to manage their cards.

If you were planning to drop more than $4k on CX, they I would suggest you enroll the offer on the additional cardmember login (if it shows up on their online account) and split the purchase up. If AMEX does not give you the additional $200, are you any worst off splitting the charge than if you had charge the full $4k on one card?

CanucksHKG May 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 22868160)
Don't know which card you have but additional card members on SPG AMEX, DL AMEX, DL AMEX OPEN, PLAT AMEX, PLAT AMEX OPEN, PLAT Morgan Stanley can all have their own logins to manage their cards.

+1

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 22868160)
If AMEX does not give you the additional $200, are you any worst off splitting the charge than if you had charge the full $4k on one card?

Flight/Baggage Delay...Lost/Stolen....and a few other insurances all require you to charge the "full" amount to your card. I'm not sure if this applies to your specific Amex mentioned above.

CaptRobPhD May 15, 2014 6:23 pm

AMEX Plat old school, since 1996. Never tried SC own logins for sure but rest assured spending may be controlled by Eligible Cardmember; loin misses the point aout credit accrual. How many others here spoke to AMEX and used their additional card (not unique account) for qualifying purchases and got two (or X credits)? T&C say spend accrues across cards but credit applies to one...lotta conjecture. Need more practitioners...

...I'll eat my words when somebody shows me otherwise.

seawolf May 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG (Post 22871202)
Flight/Baggage Delay...Lost/Stolen....and a few other insurances all require you to charge the "full" amount to your card. I'm not sure if this applies to your specific Amex mentioned above.

You are still charging the full amount to the card. Let's say you are buying four tickets at $1100 each. Instead of charging all four on the primary card, charge two tickets on the primary and charge two tickets on the additional (assuming that offer is avail for the additional card member online).

Originally Posted by CaptRobPhD (Post 22871780)
AMEX Plat old school, since 1996. Never tried SC own logins for sure but rest assured spending may be controlled by Eligible Cardmember; loin misses the point aout credit accrual. How many others here spoke to AMEX and used their additional card (not unique account) for qualifying purchases and got two (or X credits)? T&C say spend accrues across cards but credit applies to one...lotta conjecture. Need more practitioners...

...I'll eat my words when somebody shows me otherwise.

First off does your additional card member have their own AMEX website logon? If so, do they have this offer available to them? If no to either questions, this whole debate is pointless.

kikid Jul 29, 2014 2:04 pm

May I know if there is any one succesfully getting the $200 credit via buying ex-HKG tickets? Thx!

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 22871910)
You are still charging the full amount to the card. Let's say you are buying four tickets at $1100 each. Instead of charging all four on the primary card, charge two tickets on the primary and charge two tickets on the additional (assuming that offer is avail for the additional card member online).

First off does your additional card member have their own AMEX website logon? If so, do they have this offer available to them? If no to either questions, this whole debate is pointless.

tchen811 Jul 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by kikid (Post 23277487)
May I know if there is any one succesfully getting the $200 credit via buying ex-HKG tickets? Thx!

No.

kikid Jul 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Thanks tchen811!