Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

No CX awards ex HKG Jan 2012 using AA?

Old Feb 20, 2011, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold

Interesting.... I was able to book my CX F award leg SFO-HKG for early Jan, but I can connect out on any award in any class to SE Asian destinations.

AA agent said all CX flights are 0s ex-HKG.

AA have held my SFO-HKG for another 5 days in case they load the inventory.

I wonder if anyone else has any experience of this?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 7:11 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Using KVS (for partner award availability), I can see plenty of availability in early JAN on SE Asian routes. I checked BKK, SIN, MNL, CGK, KUL and DPS and all had plenty of availability ^
Old Feb 20, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Are you saying any award or just F award? I am not surprised if there is no F award - just go for J.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

I'm saying that AA are saying there is nothing in any class (regardless of what KVS is showing, or indeed CX itself which does show plenty of seats in J and Y - not SGN though, Y only.)

I was able to book/hold my SFO-HKG in F about a week ago, and I have a feeling that at the time the agent mentioned that she saw flights out of HKG the day before my arrival - suggesting that I was right at the edge of the 330 day window and that a couple of days later, I should be able to get the next segment.

Perhaps I just hit a weird moment during inventory reload... I will try tomorrow and post back.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by maxmin
I'm saying that AA are saying there is nothing in any class (regardless of what KVS is showing, or indeed CX itself which does show plenty of seats in J and Y - not SGN though, Y only.)

I was able to book/hold my SFO-HKG in F about a week ago, and I have a feeling that at the time the agent mentioned that she saw flights out of HKG the day before my arrival - suggesting that I was right at the edge of the 330 day window and that a couple of days later, I should be able to get the next segment.

Perhaps I just hit a weird moment during inventory reload... I will try tomorrow and post back.
I think I understand now. You only booked a one-way SFO-HKG for the moment, and are waiting for other flights to be loaded.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

That would seem to be the situation but odd there are none showing since it's over 5 days since I booked the first leg.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
If you can wait, you'll probably get what you want. At least that's my experience.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
CX probably holding out for all ex-HKG flights for next year's Lunar New Year which falls on 23 Jan. Flights are generally chock a block full in revenue classes about 2 weeks prior that auspicious day!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
I was able to get J ex HKG to SIN/CMB on Jan 6 some time ago. I guess it's far away enough from the New Year.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I booked HKG-JFK early Jan using AA miles. AA can only see 331 days ahead, even when awards are available to CX.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
I just booked 2 F AA awards HKG-SFO for Jan 17th this morning. If you are looking for dates beyond that, you are out of luck because Jan 17th is as far into the future that AA can currently see.

What AsiaMiles showed as available was what was coming up when I called AA but AsiaMiles has about a month more inventory loaded. This might help you research, but isn't guaranteed.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qbrain
I just booked 2 F AA awards HKG-SFO for Jan 17th this morning. If you are looking for dates beyond that, you are out of luck because Jan 17th is as far into the future that AA can currently see.

What AsiaMiles showed as available was what was coming up when I called AA but AsiaMiles has about a month more inventory loaded. This might help you research, but isn't guaranteed.
OK I will try again tonight and report back!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

So, I was able to add on HKG-BKK in J tonight, for Jan 11 departure. to my SFO-HKG.

My true destination is SGN the next morning, so I guess I could look for HKG-SGN opening up about a month in advance , which seems to be the only period its bookable right now, and pay the $150 to change fee.

Or just hop on the UA flight in Y that same evening. At least with my CX J BP I can hang out in the Wing before my UA flight (obviously I would offload myself from the HKG-BKK segment).

Thanks for all the feedback.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by maxmin
So, I was able to add on HKG-BKK in J tonight, for Jan 11 departure. to my SFO-HKG.

My true destination is SGN the next morning, so I guess I could look for HKG-SGN opening up about a month in advance , which seems to be the only period its bookable right now, and pay the $150 to change fee.

Or just hop on the UA flight in Y that same evening. At least with my CX J BP I can hang out in the Wing before my UA flight (obviously I would offload myself from the HKG-BKK segment).

Thanks for all the feedback.
Hi maxmin,

Are you sure there is no availability on the hkg-sgn flight? I can see 2 Y seats available on CX765 using both BA.com and KVS.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pogonation
Hi maxmin,

Are you sure there is no availability on the hkg-sgn flight? I can see 2 Y seats available on CX765 using both BA.com and KVS.
Hi pogonation.... according to AA agents there is nothing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.