Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New lounge to open in September this year dubbed "The Bridge"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New lounge to open in September this year dubbed "The Bridge"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up New lounge to open in September this year dubbed "The Bridge"

Will be larger than the cabin by gate 36. Single class.

More info:
http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...n=home-flipper

CX is off to a stellar start this year!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:24 pm
Suspended

The Bridge***

Disappointed that Cathay couldn't come up with a more unique name...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:28 pm

"The Brdige" is very unique. How to pronounce? "Birdigge"?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for the typo :p

Sorry for the typo. Just a spelling error. It's dubbed, "The Bridge" as opposed to the spelling error above.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Great location, especially for the increasing number of CX flights that tend to depart from gates 40-50 nowadays. Hopefully this, combined with the reopening of the Wing F lounge, will help ease the overcrowding at the Pier, especially when they start renovating it.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by maortega15
Sorry for the typo. Just a spelling error. It's dubbed, "The Bridge" as opposed to the spelling error above.
Fixed title for you.

cxfan1960
CX Mod
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:09 pm

Two things:

1) Does CX have any plans to open a lounge at the Satellite gates? If not, CX should have enough pull to avoid any CX/KA planes departing there.

2) Those little round chairs with a tiny desk? Not practical for a person with western body type. I'm only 6 feet 200 pounds and I find it very tiny for comfort, and the desk is so small you can't really do much besides a tiny Ipad (forget a laptop.) Every time I'm at the Wing lounge temp F side I find those chairs to be empty and everybody simply sits the sofas. Looks like CX really falls in love with them as they are featured in the newer lounges. Why?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Two things:

1) Does CX have any plans to open a lounge at the Satellite gates? If not, CX should have enough pull to avoid any CX/KA planes departing there.

2) Those little round chairs with a tiny desk? Not practical for a person with western body type. I'm only 6 feet 200 pounds and I find it very tiny for comfort, and the desk is so small you can't really do much besides a tiny Ipad (forget a laptop.) Every time I'm at the Wing lounge temp F side I find those chairs to be empty and everybody simply sits the sofas. Looks like CX really falls in love with them as they are featured in the newer lounges. Why?
I'm 6'1" and ~220lbs and I don't have a problem with the solus chairs, including when I'm using my laptop. While I don't choose to sit in them every time, it's a nice option -- you get some more privacy, and the seating isn't any less comfortable than any other chair in a lounge.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
With the opening of "The Bridge" in Sept this year, I wonder if they will be closing the Pier for upgrading?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: CX, le club accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Looks like CX really falls in love with them as they are featured in the newer lounges. Why?
No, I wouldn't say CX really loves it. Perhaps they're only still around for the same reason the fixed-back Y seats are still around.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:50 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
I doubt a lounge will open at the satelite terminals, besides most of the times I've departed on KA from them the wait once you bus over is like 25 minutes until boarding, just enjoy the planes !
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
are there too many MPC members that are qualified to access CX lounges and so CX keeps on opening new lounges at HKG?
or just prepare to refurbish the pier?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 5:23 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by derek2010
are there too many MPC members that are qualified to access CX lounges and so CX keeps on opening new lounges at HKG?
or just prepare to refurbish the pier?
Lounges can get very busy at peak times, and with more and more OW carriers joining, situation won't get any better.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by midlevels
Lounges can get very busy at peak times, and with more and more OW carriers joining, situation won't get any better.
Agreed. The problem isn't just CX elites, but OW elites. They all but forsaken their own lounges at HKIA and all of them uses CX lounges. It's time CX seriously enforces OW-allowed "capacity control" to ensure quality lounge experiences for their own CX elites.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hclee01
With the opening of "The Bridge" in Sept this year, I wonder if they will be closing the Pier for upgrading?
I wouldn't even be surprise if they start refurbishing the Pier after Chinese New Year....now that the Wing is completed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.