Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 8:02 am

Received two BRG's at hotel # 1 & felt confident.

Next two at hotel #2 the rate disappeared from Hotels.com just prior to the 48-hour mark that CC tries to respond by. It had been there for days. Denied.

Next claim at hotel #1 availability disappeared entirely (reservetravel) for multiple dates around mine just prior to the 48-hour mark. It had been there for days. Denied. This was a non-cancellable rate.

Bottom line ... Be careful with the BRG's. Best to do these only with fully cancellable room rates as CC controls when they respond and has plenty of time to remove the rate or room from the OTA entirely if they choose for your room type & date of arrival.
Old May 27, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Does done a BRG for radisson Dubrovnik junior suite. Price was 282€ lower price found was 181.80€ had to call in and also send screen shots , got it in the end and then upgraded to executive suite . I stayed many hotels but this room is WOW and for 140€ plus the 50k bonus points for the current promo in super happy.
Old May 28, 2012, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by chistery
How does the BRG work with prepaid rates? If successful, will they credit the difference immediately?
Is anyone able to answer this question?
Old May 28, 2012, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by DealsRock
Bottom line ... Be careful with the BRG's. Best to do these only with fully cancellable room rates as CC controls when they respond and has plenty of time to remove the rate or room from the OTA entirely if they choose for your room type & date of arrival.
You just need to take the extra effort to take screen shots. The initial email you send them does not allow attachments. They'll deny your claim, but then you can fax them supporting documents and they'll honor BRG.
Old May 28, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Odd thing with my prepaid rate. I submitted and won a BRG claim but still no charge on my card, despite the rate being prepaid and the BRG T&Cs saying it'll be taken.

My friend who booked after me for the same hotel and date, submitted a claim, and won had the full charge taken off his card, but no refund so far.

I have CC Gold status, but can't see why that would matter.
Old May 29, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by chistery
Odd thing with my prepaid rate. I submitted and won a BRG claim but still no charge on my card, despite the rate being prepaid and the BRG T&Cs saying it'll be taken.
If you think that's weird, I checked out yesterday and nothing is pending on my card.
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Is this an unusual post BRG rate summary?
Sun May 27, 2012 $0.00 USD
Room 1 Cost $0.00 USD
Estimated Taxes $1.00 USD
Estimated Additional Fees $0.00 USD
Total Estimated Cost
for 1 Room $1.00 USD
Special Requests: VALID BORG- $77.68 USD LESS 25% = $58.26 USD
I'm actually pretty ambivalent between them giving me a free night or giving me the 50k promo bonus points, either way it's a good deal.
I assume most people don't see the following in their my recent stays page before getting charged for a room?
ROOM: 1 King bed - Non-Smoking - Sleep Number®bed - DeluxeSofa Best Online Guaranteed Rate : 0.00 US Dollar (USD) Per night Tax excluded For 1 nights per room 0.00 US Dollar (USD) Per night Tax excluded For 1 nights per room
Old May 29, 2012, 2:51 pm

If you think that's weird, I checked out yesterday and nothing is pending on my card.

I assume most people don't see the following in their my recent stays page before getting charged for a room?
Hmm let us know if the bonus points post.
Old May 29, 2012, 3:22 pm

Successful BRG for Albuquerque Park Inn.

Couldn't find a lower price on the standard room, but Expedia had a lower price on the Executive room, and with the 25% guarantee brings it down below the standard room price.

Dear penner42,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We
have researched your claim and found you are correct in finding a lower
rate on another website. We have confirmed the lower rate less 25% for
you. Your rate is now $44.74 per night plus tax. This email will serve
as your confirmation for the best online rate guarantee. Your
confirmation number of XXXXXXX will remain the same. Please keep this
information for your records.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:26 pm

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Hello,

Some questions :

1) If room with breakfast has a lower rate than room without breakfast, do they honour it?

2) Does an honoured BRG count towards points and so towards the promotion?

Because sometimes winning 10 euro for losing 300 is not worht it :-)
Old May 29, 2012, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by mgo72
Hello,

Some questions :

1) If room with breakfast has a lower rate than room without breakfast, do they honour it?

2) Does an honoured BRG count towards points and so towards the promotion?

Because sometimes winning 10 euro for losing 300 is not worht it :-)
1. No. Has to be the exact same room and addons.

2. Yes
Old May 30, 2012, 3:33 am

Hello, I'm still a bit unsure about this Radisson/Carlson BRG and how it's handled. Details: Radisson shows for its BKK hotel, 7 day advance purchase for Superior Room/1 person, no breakfast, rate of thai baht 1979 (US$66).

An OTA (agoda.com) has rate for same type Superior room, immediate payment upon booking of rate thai baht 1964.

Granted difference minor but seems I should be granted the BRG claim, meaning new rate of 1964 less 25% or thai baht 1473.

Then how does Radisson/Carlson handle my credit card already being charged the Radisson booked rate of 1979? Do they refund the difference or how is the new rate of 1473 charged, assuming BRG approved.

Or should I book a no prepayment rate? But then the OTA rate for equivalent conditions doesn't qualify for the BRG claim, ie it's higher than Radisson's rate.

I do understand I will get the normal points for one booking plus the bonus points of 50,000.

Thanks for any advice.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:29 am

Has anyone reported receiving the BRG Rate and having the rate taken off their card, if their original rate was NOT a prepaid rate?

I found some great rates that need to be booked by a certain date prior (not prepaid) but I'm not sure which weekend works best so I was hoping to book multiple weekends and cancel the reservations for the weekends I don't need.
Old May 31, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
Hmm let us know if the bonus points post.
They just posted...

May 31, 2012 Earn Radisson - San Jose , CA US Points|Radisson Big Night Giveaway 50,000 Point Bonus 50,000
May 31, 2012 Earn Radisson - San Jose , CA US Points|Online Booking Member Bonus Points 1,000

Last edited by Ambraciot; May 31, 2012 at 2:22 pm
Old May 31, 2012, 3:01 pm

They just posted...

Old Jun 7, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Any recommendations on the best sites to check for a BRG? I've tried all the norms, but a PM with some others would be greatly appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.