Wiki Posts
Search

Too few F&B points?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Too few F&B points?

My recent stay in Gothenburg got posted and I'm surprised by how little points I got. Room points seem to be OK, but I expected more food & beverage points.

My folio shows total of 2500 SEK in bar and minibar charges - this is over 300 USD so it should make me 6000+ points (+ silver bonus). However, I only got 1615 (+ silver bonus of 243). I understand some of it may have been lost by CC using different exchange rate, but 4000 seems a bit too much.

I want to raise this with CC, but first I want to check if there isn't any restriction on earning F&B points that I don't know about. Any ideas for explanation of this?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Well there is the F&B discount of 10% for Silver

Are they playing a game of no points of alcohol ?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
I don't think so - if they would, I would get even less points as almost all of the consumption was an alcohol. I don't think I'd get 1615 points for two packs of crisps from minibar

Perhaps it could be related to heavy taxes in Sweden (taxes are officially excluded from earnings)?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Is it possible the points for the minibar charges were included under "room", not "food and beverage"?

I've always assumed "food and beverage" only included charges made at the hotel restaurant/bar while the former included all other (eligible) charges. But I may be wrong about this...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.