Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Club Carlson - what can I expect?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
New to Club Carlson - what can I expect?

I'm new to Club Carlson and have been status matched against my IHG Spire Elite tier so I have Gold status at Club Carlson.

I've got a few months of travel that will involve stays at Radisson Blu properties for typically three nights per week.

I've yet to see how many points I've accrued for last week's stay.

In general terms, would around 9 nights per month for a few months be useful in terms of points? The reason I ask is that I've seen the points needed for some hotels and they are incredibly 'expensive'! Based on my assumptions, I may get one free night by June.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Sign up for the current promo and you stand a chance - https://www.clubcarlson.com/secure/o...arquee:q1promo

But pick carefully.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Yeah, I've signed up for that. I went for the maximum of 20 nights. It's going to be very tight!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
Nowhere near the footprint of IHG. Once you get past that, there are some great hotels available at the 15k points level, even a few at the 9k level. Your gold earnings for 9 Radisson Blu nights a month will definitely get you a few nights at those places.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Do points take a while to show up in your Club Carlson account? I checked out last Thursday but my points balance is still showing zero points.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Allow 5 business days, the property has to submit them into the system

My Friday night stay in a EU property posted yesterday
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:42 am
Original Poster

So, I just got the points for last week's stay credited to my Club Carlson account. As a data point, I checked out last Thursday and the points appeared this afternoon - making that around 4 working days.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Just do the math. CC points are the least valuable of any (IMO ~ .004) but they accrue at a higher rate than IHG, HH, Marriott etc. So it's often a wash. But elite status isn't worth much so it's not worth getting a ton of stays. That's why in general, I don't find it's worth staying at their properties unless there's a decent promo.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

As far as the hotel stay is concerned, I don't really get anything extra during my stay. The hotel's business class rooms are almost identical to their standard rooms. We get breakfast through our corporate agreement anyway.

If I get the bonus points promo I should have a fair few points by mid-year. If only I could transfer them to my IHG account!

I checked one Radisson Blu property in Dubai where I could spend my points on but that starts at 70,000 points per night!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA/AA
As a gold member I have received room upgrades, fruit plate , early check-ins ,and late checkouts.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:24 am
Company Representative - Radisson Hotels & Club Carlson

Hi all, thanks for sharing your experiences with Club Carlson! @rumbataz, welcome to Club Carlson -- glad to hear that you have already registered for our current promotion as it will help you get to your free nights faster!

With respect to your experiences in terms of upgrades: they are subject to availability at each individual property. That being said, we know that upgrades are something that you desire and deserve as elite members of the program. If you would like to provide feedback on your individual experiences with upgrades, I am all ears!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 4:49 am

2 for 1, 4 for 2

Changing the subject - what just happened to the EMEA 2 for 1 and 4 for 2 rates? Yesterday everything was working fine (well, for some definition of fine at least - the usual problems with certain dates and location being blocked for that offer). Now - every single hotel in your chain has it's availability for the offer cleaned till the end of Q1, and subsequent search for dates further out results in 'rate not offered' across the board. Is it just a glitch in the system, or is this offer being discontinued for good?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:38 pm
Company Representative - Radisson Hotels & Club Carlson

The EMEA 2-for-1 and 4-for-2 rates were a long-running promotion, which ended 1/27/17 as the promo rates were underutilized. Where we made a misstep, however, is by not communicating the end of that promo which some of you have enjoyed. We now recognize that, and in an effort to provide full transparency with our promotions and any program changes, we will be communicating these to you ahead of time. We strive to provide simple and effective promotions for our members which provide value and are widely-used.

I want all of you to know that this rate was only available at select properties as a promotion and this was not a benefit of the program itself. Continue to watch our offers area on ClubCarlson.com for updated promotions!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Would that be underutilised by Gold/Concierge elites? Or do you include all the non-status people who couldn't utilise it even if they would have jumped at the chance of doing so? That would massively push up the denominator to give a guaranteed low 'utilisation' factor.

I enrolled on the program specifically to get the extended weekends deals. I see very little value to being a Gold in the CC program if that's no longer available.

Perhaps you could share the info on just how many Gold/Concierge members *never* utilised the EMEA deals at all. My guess is that percentage would be on the low side (i.e. most Gold+ elites did utilise it).
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Club Carlson
I want all of you to know that this rate was only available at select properties as a promotion and this was not a benefit of the program itself. Continue to watch our offers area on ClubCarlson.com for updated promotions!
Sorry, Club Carlson, but your wording is far from accurate.

You said "selected properties", but the rate was available at ALMOST EVERY property in the designated region - EMEA - except the UK, where, if I recall right, the Radisson Edwardian properties were out. Then, there a few upscale hotels in Europe. Frankly, I don't recall *one* property in the Middle East or Africa where the rate wasn't offered. At least the VAST MAJORITY of EMEA properties offered it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.