Are they having a laugh !!

Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Thumbs down Are they having a laugh !!

Went to book an overnight stay at the Park Inn AMS. 2 people at 28000 thought OK. Have my Daughter with us so searched again for 2+1 and came back at 44000

Why is it with SPG and HH you can usually have one child sharing existing bedding but not with CC !!

Feels like daylight robbery.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Went to book an overnight stay at the Park Inn AMS. 2 people at 28000 thought OK. Have my Daughter with us so searched again for 2+1 and came back at 44000

Why is it with SPG and HH you can usually have one child sharing existing bedding but not with CC !!

Feels like daylight robbery.
Not always with SPG. People complain about this all the time in the SPG forum.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:36 am

I do not see the issue. 28k is the award rate for a standard room, 2+1 with extra bed in European hotels is not considered a standard room.

Looking at the way the European chain hotel design their rooms they will need to allocate a room for you which even has the option to put in a sofa-couch or roll away bed. Such a room would be no means a "standard" and they cannot resell it to other customers anymore.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
pretty standard at least in many European properties and across chains AFAIK
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Try Japan too, we are taking 3 kids there and it really hurts our wallets. If you don't really need an extra bed, just book 2 and you check in alone, most hotel don't bother checking it.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
In many European hotels, a standard room with two beds is almost always two single/twin beds. (Very seldom is it two queen/full beds.) And in those cases, maximum room occupancy is 2. You need to find a hotel where a standard room has at least a queen bed and a sofabed, for example.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:17 pm

Double check the hotel child policy. If you don't mind sharing bed with your kid, I found many hotels have a policy of "child (under certain age) stay free on existing bed". I normally book the room under 2 adults and then call or email either club Carlson or hotel to add my daughter.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tuscanyx
Double check the hotel child policy. If you don't mind sharing bed with your kid, I found many hotels have a policy of "child (under certain age) stay free on existing bed". I normally book the room under 2 adults and then call or email either club Carlson or hotel to add my daughter.
+1

I've had this work in Europe several times.

Nacho: one thing I discovered in Japan was that the higher end properties (Conrad, St. Regis, Park Hyatt) were almost all willing to take extra kids in one room without problems, while the "regular" properties in the same chains (Hilton, Westin, Hyatt Regency) were not. For me, it made it easily more cost effective to stay in the nicer place.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by whimsey21
Nacho: one thing I discovered in Japan was that the higher end properties (Conrad, St. Regis, Park Hyatt) were almost all willing to take extra kids in one room without problems, while the "regular" properties in the same chains (Hilton, Westin, Hyatt Regency) were not. For me, it made it easily more cost effective to stay in the nicer place.
I have booked the Autograph collection, don't know if it's high end. I got a room that is 46 sq. m (bigger than a lot of apartments in Tokyo) so I'm hoping that we won't have any trouble for 1 night.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Most CC hotels allow kids under 12 to stay in the room in existing bedding. This from my experience. In Ams the Park plaza has triple rooms for 28000 points. Not sure if the location worksfor you but maybe an option.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Ended up contacting the hotel and getting a rollaway for €30 extra although the cash difference between 2 and 3 persons was only €15

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.