Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone receiver their card or status extention yet?

Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
Angry Anyone receiver their card or status extention yet?

I've contacted Club Carlson twice now, as both my card and my status online are mentioning that it will expire at Feb 2015.
Eventhough the nights are reset in Januari, the status is not updated to extend my status to Feb 2016. Also I haven't received any new card.

The answer from CC is that it will be updated soon and a card will arrive soon.
Giving that there are only 8 days left before this expires, I find it suprising that no communication has been given and since re-qualifying and the reset in Januari.

Anybody else strungling with this?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by barte
I've contacted Club Carlson twice now, as both my card and my status online are mentioning that it will expire at Feb 2015.
Eventhough the nights are reset in Januari, the status is not updated to extend my status to Feb 2016. Also I haven't received any new card.

The answer from CC is that it will be updated soon and a card will arrive soon.
Giving that there are only 8 days left before this expires, I find it suprising that no communication has been given and since re-qualifying and the reset in Januari.

Anybody else strungling with this?
When I check online it shows gold expires 2/2015 and just below that in red it shows golds starts in March 2015

Tier level
Gold Elite -- Expires Feb 2015
Gold Elite -- Effective Mar 2015
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:25 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Ours have both been showing both for about a month.

And, if I go to "Print A Card" it prints the Gold Elite card with a Feb 2016 date.

Originally Posted by crzn
When I check online it shows gold expires 2/2015 and just below that in red it shows golds starts in March 2015

Tier level
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold

Ok. So basically something wrong with mine then
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
barte, is your question about extension related to having the credit card or more general?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by crzn

Tier level
For a few days, my account showed both dates. Now it shows only "Expires Feb 2015" while the former and short-lived "Expires Feb 2016" no longer exists.

When I go to the print the card option, the date is February 2015.

My account is very active and I still have the credit card that guarantees gold status.

Calling Carlson about the issue is a waste of time. I called Club Carlson twice but both times I got someone who did not understand why it mattered about the expiring date (the card is valid only seven remaining days).

After I explained that I have a Radisson reservation in March and it is already near the end of February, I was told that I will be receiving a new card soon. I then asked about the web site showing my account expiring in seven days. The answer I got made no sense. I was advised to tell the hotel that I have status even if the computer shows the status expires.

Without the status showing in the Club Carlson system, it is unlikely I will receive an upgraded room as the reservation is in a foreign country where loyalty programs are sometimes not fully understood.

I guess, with respect to Club Carlson, loyalty programs are not fully understood either.

Any constructive suggestions?

UPDATE - EDIT -

I just signed out of my Club Carlson account then signed back in again. The new date (plus the old date of Feb 2015) now shows.

The option to print a Club card still shows the February 2015 expiration date.

It appears that the programmers for Club Carlson need to do a little fine tuning on this issue.

Last edited by dgcpaphd; Feb 21, 2015 at 2:31 pm Reason: Update of status expiration - sign out and sign in
Old Feb 22, 2015, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Logged out and back in again and indeed shows red text now.
Still such an amateuristic way to go about this.
I also don't get why the requalifying is in January and the update to the card is in Feb?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:35 pm

Does Club Carlson send out physical cards? I joined in August, gained status via the US Bank Visa a few weeks later, and have never received any status card. I've had both paid and award stays since then. Should I be expecting a card?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by barte
Logged out and back in again and indeed shows red text now.
Still such an amateuristic way to go about this.
I also don't get why the requalifying is in January and the update to the card is in Feb?
Even if you log out and back in again, the next time you check your account, the expiration date reverts back to February of 2015 expiration date. If you then log out again and back in the second time, the correct date will return, only to disappear again unless you log in twice each time. Very strange.

Also, the card option on the site stills shows the February 2015 expiration date.

Originally Posted by _kurt
Does Club Carlson send out physical cards? I joined in August, gained status via the US Bank Visa a few weeks later, and have never received any status card. Should I be expecting one?
Yes, they send out a card. However, I have not received a new card. The card I received from them expires in six days.

Calling to the agents at Club Carlson is very frustrating. The agents that I reached seemed to be poorly trained and could not answer anything about the incorrect dates showing on the web site nor could they understand the significance of having the correct elite status showing in a customers' account.

I really like the Club Carlson program. It is too bad they do not train their employees to understand and answer legitimate concerns of customers.

Last edited by dgcpaphd; Feb 22, 2015 at 12:55 pm
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by _kurt
Does Club Carlson send out physical cards? I joined in August, gained status via the US Bank Visa a few weeks later, and have never received any status card. I've had both paid and award stays since then. Should I be expecting a card?
They do, if you check the option in My Profile. I think it's turned off by default. Last year I needed to ask twice before I actually received the card.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:47 am

Is there any reason to need a physical card? I always throw mine away. Seems like a relic of the past when there wasn't online booking....
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:13 am

Just signed into account, now showing gold until 2016👍
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
I received my physical card today. Online account correctly says Gold expires Feb 2016
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by jbvideo
I received my physical card today. Online account correctly says Gold expires Feb 2016
Mine came in the mail today as well. Even though I never actually use the physical card, it's still nice to have.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I never got my Gold card the previous earning period when I hit Gold. Neither have I got a card this year, however, I fell short of Gold qual requirement last period, but I seem to have got my gold extended as it is still there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.