Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Current best offer (May 2019) 120,000 Radisson Reward points
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/offer.do?redirect=plat32172&lang=e
  • 10 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at participating Radisson Family of Hotels.2
  • 5 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else.2
  • 120,000 bonus points - receive 120,000 points after you spend $3,000 on your card within the first 90 days. 1

The cards offer a free DOMESTIC night certificate for every $10,000 spent on the card per cardholder year, up to 3 certificates per year, per card. At this time, the only way to ascertain membership year spend is to add it up on your statements or call the US BANK number on the back of the card and have the rep do the math. There is no "Spend Summary" to indicate your progress towards your free night certificates.
  • 40,000 renewal points each year when you renew your card.3
  • Earn up to 3 free nights! Earn one Free Night E-Cert for each $10,000 in spend (up to $30,000), then renew your card by paying the Annual Fee.4

Many reports here indicate that the norm is that annual renewal points post to Club Carlson two months after the date of the Visa statement that includes the annual fee. Because of this, do not use the date that the points post to calculate your cardmembership spending for the free night certificates.
Print Wikipost

CC visa annual 40000 points bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:42 am

Wife and I both received letter yesterday. My wife downgraded her card and the points have posted. I got the annual fee waived on my account, and the points have not yet posted.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:17 pm

Husband received the letter on Saturday. Points posted yesterday. I didn't receive either the letter or the points. Both of us had downgraded our cards.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
For those who have seen their points post to their Club Carlson account, did you have a Club Carlson credit card statement cut-off date subsequent to the date of your letter (and if so, did you have any credit card activity)? I'm trying to figure out why I haven't seen any points post even though I've had the letter since late last week (Thursday or Friday).
Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: Various
Yes, a credit card statement closed. No credit card activity, but the 40,000 points show on the statement.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those of you who received the letter for a one-time 40K bonus, what are the statuses of your credit cards, assuming you all still have the credit cards?

Did you receive the initial annual bonus and this 40K is an additional?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
For those of you who received the letter for a one-time 40K bonus, what are the statuses of your credit cards, assuming you all still have the credit cards?

Husband downgraded his card to no fee card at renewal last year, so he didn't get the 40,000 bonus points last year. I have the business version of the card and renewed it last year. I haven't received any letter for that account.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Happy

My husband and I both received the initial bonuses, and both downgraded our cards last year. As I said above, he received the letter, I didn't. I closed my account permanently the day before he got the letter, so I don't think that made the difference. Have to admit, I'm wondering what would have eventually happened if I'd left it open.
Old May 14, 2017, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by SkippyME
Yes, a credit card statement closed. No credit card activity, but the 40,000 points show on the statement.
Your post is from last year.

Is the annual 40,000 points grandfathered for those who have had the card for several years?

Or, has the annual 40,000 points been discontinued?

If you read the benefits of the current U.S. Bank - Club Carlson credit card brochure, there is no mention of an annual 40,000 points.

I got the bonus last year and the years prior but not yet this year. The bonus usually posts in early May but has not posted.

10 Gold Points per $1 at participating Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide1
5 Gold Points per $1 everywhere else1
Up to 85,000 Bonus Gold Points to start2
Club Carlson Gold Status after you
activate!3
Earn one free night when you charge $10,000 then renew your Card.4
$75 annual fee

-
Old May 15, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
My 40,000 points posted in February as usual.

I looked on the CC website and found this:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do

The Loyalty Rewarded section still has the reference related to the 40,000 points when you renew the card.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
Your post is from last year.

Is the annual 40,000 points grandfathered for those who have had the card for several years?

Or, has the annual 40,000 points been discontinued?

If you read the benefits of the current U.S. Bank - Club Carlson credit card brochure, there is no mention of an annual 40,000 points.

I got the bonus last year and the years prior but not yet this year. The bonus usually posts in early May but has not posted.
I got my points in Feb for a card with a Dec anniversary. My wife's card just had the anniversary/AF last month, no points yet but I'm not expecting them until June.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:03 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
[...] Or, has the annual 40,000 points been discontinued?
Mine posted a couple of weeks ago. The timing was what we've come to expect.
Old May 19, 2017, 7:32 pm

Mine showed up today, about the same timing as last year.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:00 am

Sorry I didn't see your message sooner. The points I referenced last year were for a one-time bonus on a downgraded card (no annual fee). I haven't earned my annual bonus for my card with the annual fee yet this year, but I did just receive some mail from US Bank that mentioned the annual point bonus, so I am still expecting it at renewal.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you do not have any activity the billing cycle when the 40K should post, you will NOT see the bonus. This was my experience last year.

Just charge $1 on it before statement closes. The $1 would actually be reversed due to the amount too small to bill. But it "kicks" out the bonus to post at the right time. Else you could keep waiting, like I had waited 3 months and still did not see the bonus. A supervisor told me to use the card so to generate a statement. A poster had the same situation and he refused to comply. Instead he complaint to the regulatory agency. At the end his was manually posted.

If you look back the thread you would find more discussion on that.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I only keep this card because there are some places, like the Baltics, where Radisson seems to be the only options for free night stays.

As far as retention:
1) Told no bonus points
2) Asked to speak to a superisor
3) Then, before thansfer, a 2500 point offer miraculously was found
4) Not enough I said, transfer me to a supervisor
5) After being told 2500 is it for annual fee, I asked how much can she give for customer service issue. The then told me how the annual fee could be paid with points. I repeated my question a couple of times, and got additional 7500 (total 10k) point.

I have 10k left, I'll get 50k upon renewal, good for one night in a business class in Riga.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.