Wiki Posts
Search

Amsterdam - Art'otel or the Radisson Blu

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Amsterdam - Art'otel or the Radisson Blu

Hi All

I have a night in Amsterdam soon, I can either have a room in Art'otel (also part of Club Carlson) or the Radisson Blu (central, not airport).

Seemingly the Art'otel is quite new and there isn't a huge amount of feedback but it looks fresher.

Has anyone stayed in the Art'otel or preferably both?

Thanks

Last edited by V8Brit; Nov 20, 2013 at 10:42 am
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Went with Art'Otel, will let you know how it is!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by V8Brit
Went with Art'Otel, will let you know how it is!
I probably would have done the same thing based on the fact that the Art'otel is new and looks very nice in comparison to the somewhat outdated look of the Radisson. TA reviews also look generally favorable. I personally have stayed at the Art'otel in Cologne Germany several times and have been very satisfied with my stays.

Please do post here after your stay about your experience.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christianj
I probably would have done the same thing based on the fact that the Art'otel is new and looks very nice in comparison to the somewhat outdated look of the Radisson. TA reviews also look generally favorable. I personally have stayed at the Art'otel in Cologne Germany several times and have been very satisfied with my stays.

Please do post here after your stay about your experience.
Very nice hotel, personalised welcome, welcome gift, welcome drink and room upgrade (conceirge).

The room was stunning with switchable clear/opaque glass between bathroom and room.

High quality fittings although linen was average.

Great bar area and food, all reasonably priced.

There was some confusion over the 50k redemption rate, as they thought there was also 100 euros to pay, but resolved without drama.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by V8Brit
Very nice hotel, personalised welcome, welcome gift, welcome drink and room upgrade (conceirge).

The room was stunning with switchable clear/opaque glass between bathroom and room.

High quality fittings although linen was average.

Great bar area and food, all reasonably priced.

There was some confusion over the 50k redemption rate, as they thought there was also 100 euros to pay, but resolved without drama.
Thanks for sharing! Eyeing this for a weekend in February.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:44 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Was there in September. Very good experience too tough I haven't got an Upgrade despite I am still a Gold. Expected that this was because I have booked with points.
Old May 21, 2014, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Staying here now. Very nice modern decor in the room with features already noted. Assume my upgrade as a Concierge member is the view of Central Station to which the hotel is most convenient. Also found a very nice bottle of Italian organic wine as my gift/amenity. While the items in the minibar are charged for, the chips and nuts are comp'd according to the minibar price list.

Very pleasant and personal reception and although my room was not ready when I arrived at 11a, they promised it by noon and sent me to the bar/lounge with a voucher for a drink. Quite functional room with the latest a/v connections to the wall encased TV and audio system. Only drawback, just European and UK plugs at the desk, no multi-functional international outlets (though I had my set of plug adaptors with me). However, a plus is a convenient outlet next to the bed.

Breakfast is free for all and looks pretty extensive. Egg items are ordered from a server who also delivers juice and coffee/tea. Other items are spread out in buffet style. There are some more elaborate ala carte items like eggs Benedict that can be ordered for an additional charge. (It can also be delivered to the room for a E5 "tray" charge.) Fancy looking Illy coffee machine that looks more intimidating than it actually is. Staying on a 50K per night award (now higher) so will see if there's any confusion (as V8Brit experienced) at check-out Friday.

----

Only a minor confusion at check-out as I was told my bill was E95 for the two nights. I suggested that this might have been what the hotel would be billing CarlsonRezidor and not be charging me, which was the case.

Last edited by Shareholder; May 26, 2014 at 3:03 pm
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:15 pm

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
Thanks for the update Shareholder. I'm staying there on a 2 nights points stay in early July and will now know what to say if they try to charge me.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My vote would be the Art'otel as well....

It's a rather nice hotel, better than the other CC properties in or around Amsterdam (even though some are quite decent as well) and the location is perfect.

I had no problems when I stayed there, great room (probably an upgrade), very friendly staff and a very nice breakfast. Also received a welcome note/present plus a free drink at the bar for being Gold. Nice espresso machine in the room as well plus a large bath. Didn't get a view but also didn't hear any outside noise.

Some pictures:

Last edited by RTW1; Jun 24, 2014 at 2:43 pm
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Interesting piece of art on top of the bed (pic #3).

Fitting for their fun & frolics package I guess...

"For couples looking to spark a relationship or those looking to re-kindle the flame, stay at art’otel amsterdam and enjoy the fun and frolics that we have to offer.

Stay at art’otel amsterdam for two nights and enjoy a la carte breakfast on us. After sharing some food at 5&33 on the night of arrival and sampling a “Horny Mule” signature cocktail, there are plenty of reasons to hang up your “I’m dreaming, please do not disturb me” sign on your door. An intimacy package for lovers, unlimited adult movies and aphrodisiac turn down each night are just a few! On the second night of your stay, you’ll be taken on 90-minute a guided tour of the Red Light District too.

Fun and frolics guaranteed!

What’s included with Fun & Frolics:

Accommodation for 2 adults sharing one room
2 night minimum length of stay
A la carte breakfast each day
Dinner credit of 50 Euro per couple, valid at 5&33 on the day of arrival
2 Horny Mule cocktails (1 per person) at 5&33 on night of arrival
The intimacy package for lovers (her pleasure mini vibrator, couples vibrating ring, water based lubricant, two condoms, his and hers chocolates)
Inclusive adult movies
Aphrodisiac turndown each night
90-minute tour of the Red Light District on second night
Free WiFi (hopefully you won’t need WiFi on this trip)
Book now!

Terms and conditions apply."

http://www.artotelamsterdam.com/essentials/fun-frolics/
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And I was traveling alone on this trip.... not that's saying a lot staying in Amsterdam :-).
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Global Entry
What about picture #6?? Is that sperm flying around?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yep... I guess they decided to go with the theme. In reality most of the art was quite nice, even though some of it was a bit peculiar. And it's a nice change from all those cookie cutter hotels.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 6:33 pm

That package seems gross
Old Jul 13, 2014, 4:45 am

Just stayed there. Directly across from main railroad station. Amsterdams public transport is phenomenal. Buy a 24 hour pass and jump on/off the electric tram things that run non-stop.

Breakfast was very good. Rooms the same as a European Radisson. Only Con would be twice the front desk sent us to closed places. They all seemed to be new and wanted to be helpful but none were locals. We stayed there 4 nights so we had ample time to talk to front desk and we would have been better off on our own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.