Radisson Blu Bangkok

Old Apr 13, 2013, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Marriott Gold
Radisson Blu Bangkok

Does anyone know when the Radisson Blu Bangkok will start accepting reservations? Will it likely be a 50,000 per night property?

According to the website, it is supposed to open late in this year. I'll be in Bangkok in January and would love to stay there. Just curious when it will be available.

Thanks to anyone in the know.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 9:41 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
I'm also very curious and looking forward to staying there. I would be very surprised if it's a 50,000 point property, given how inexpensive hotels are in BKK. . . but then again the other properties are a bit inflated relative to their nightly rates at 28K each.

Still, there are only three 50K properties in all of Asia Pacific. My guess is that it's a 38K property, although I sure hope it's 28K!
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Phuket

It seems the Phuket Radisson Blu is 44,000 points per night. But the previous poster is right, with so many other luxury hotels very reasonably priced, we can sure HOPE the Bangkok Blu will be lower.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
The hotel is now accepting reservations for arrivals of April 1, 2014. It is a 38,000 point property. They're currently asking 4,160++ baht for a deluxe room (2-night minimum "hot deal").

Looks like "grand deluxe" rooms are exactly the same as deluxe rooms, except they are on the 16th floor or higher.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Thats great news that it will only be 38K points per night. Couple that with the Club Carlson Visa Card and its a downright steal. I had really hoped to stay there during our visit in January and originally it was supposed to be open... but construction delays have kept it from opening on time sadly... so we're at the Park Plaza Soi 18. We'll have to try out the Blu the next time we're in Bangkok.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Cool. Just booked a two night award for the 1st and 2nd. Why not... can always cancel later.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 2:03 pm

Just booked for two nights next year with the CC Visa -- 38k points! Was pleasantly surprised to see an option in the booking process for a free instant upgrade to a junior suite (with exec lounge + breakfast)! Don't know why I had to check a box for it, but I'll take it!

Very much looking forward to checking it out.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Received an email a few days ago that the April 1 opening has been pushed back to May 1. So I made a new booking for that more up to date speculative opening.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:51 pm

I can't seem to find any standard weekend award on weekend for May. Are they blocking it or is it simply not available?
Old May 31, 2014, 10:07 am

Any Flyertalkers stayed here yet?

I'm booked for two nights in October and December. With the cheap hotel rates across Bangkok I hate to even use points but this is my only chance to use any for the foreseeable future and who knows when the next program change or devaluation is coming.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, United Silver, Garuda Silver, Delta Silver
Is this property guest friendly like the other CC properties in BKK?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:57 am

interesting reimbursement info leak

I have an upcoming two night stay booked at 38,000 points per night. I checked the reservation and there was a 1,525 thb charge added for each of the two nights. Response from Club Carlson email support was it is a points + cash redemption. Well it isn't, so I called them. The CC rep put me on hold and called the Radisson Blu and the answer was they put that information in the wrong field. 1525 thb per night is the hotel's reimbursement from Club Carlson for the award stay.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Flyer Sean
Is this property guest friendly like the other CC properties in BKK?
I am here now. As CC Gold I got 2 bottled water, no upgrade, no present, nothing.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by whYflyer
I am here now. As CC Gold I got 2 bottled water, no upgrade, no present, nothing.
I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant by "guest friendly".
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Thanks for providing my morning chuckle!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.