Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to see all rates during the month for a particular hotel?

Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to book a couple of nights in NYC in either Sept or October. Is there any easier way to see the rates than entering in one date at a time for each hotel and trying it? Like on Southwest you can view their *low fare calendar* for any given month? Just wanted to know if there is a more user-friendly way to view....
Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Yes, there is
Old Aug 3, 2012, 4:31 pm
wcj

Welcome to FT

You have pm
Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:52 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I would love to know this too
Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:38 pm

me too
Old Aug 4, 2012, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Come on, people, this isn't the "trick it" thread. Spell it out!

--jpdx, CC Moderator
Old Aug 4, 2012, 5:13 pm

not bad if you guys share
Old Aug 4, 2012, 6:52 pm
wcj

I'll do it

Originally Posted by jpdx

--jpdx, CC Moderator

I found another thread a while back where it seemed to be a problem to spell it out, so I wasn't looking to get the bad talker rep. However, I have been inundated with PMs for something I thought was pretty easy, so I'll type up the answer given that someone with more posts, experience, etc. says is ok. Search on Expedia.com. All you do is tell it you want to stay for the month, i.e. 09/01-09/28. It then shows the average nightly rate. Click on that and it breaks out the nightly rates by week in a chart. If there's a sold out night for some reason in your month, then the hotel doesn't display and you need to shorten your time-- do two weeks not a month or whatever.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA PREMIER GOLD, AMEX PLT, HYATT Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx

--jpdx, CC Moderator
Another FT poster provided this hint awhile back: Yahoo! Travel. After entering city, dates entries you need to select a hotel then chose flexible dates". You can see your dates and a calendar for the next two, three months. Really handy for advanced planning
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
This isn't a big secret. Go to travelocity.com. Enter your city and leave the dates blank. A list of hotels will come up for that city. Select a hotel you're interested in and a calender will pop up showing all the rates for a two month period. You can search several months at a time.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Since this was posted on the CC forum, I assume that the OP is looking at CC hotels.

1. Input your city on the CC website
2. Input a month range for check-in/out. For example, checking in on Aug 6 and out in Sept. 5
3. Input your particulars (Number of guests, number of rooms, etc.)
4. Search

See the rate listed? Underneath it is something that says "Rate details" If you click on that, you get a calendar of every rate within your search criteria. Now your know what dates are the cheapest.

It's not 100% because some hotels will give you a discount for multi nights. However, while the rate may increase a bit, the cheapest rates will be on the same nights. I used this religiously for the recent promos.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
You can do this on the CC website. Just put the date range in. But remember, it only works if that room type is available for that entire time. If it is, and when you click on the rate details, it will show the rates day-to-day. And if there is a discount applied because the stay is more than 2-3 nights, for example, it will have the regular rate above that rate with a line going through it.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Since this was posted on the CC forum, I assume that the OP is looking at CC hotels.

1. Input your city on the CC website
2. Input a month range for check-in/out. For example, checking in on Aug 6 and out in Sept. 5
3. Input your particulars (Number of guests, number of rooms, etc.)
4. Search

See the rate listed? Underneath it is something that says "Rate details" If you click on that, you get a calendar of every rate within your search criteria. Now your know what dates are the cheapest.

It's not 100% because some hotels will give you a discount for multi nights. However, while the rate may increase a bit, the cheapest rates will be on the same nights. I used this religiously for the recent promos.
Thank you spankytoes!

Chris
Old Aug 11, 2012, 5:48 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Well done to those posting the 'secret'. I'm mean seriously, it's hardly the combination to Fort Knox, now, is it? And it is in no way something that CC is trying to hide, either, unlike 'Trick It' which skirt the airlines' rules.

And to those unwilling to share, or going to PM, I'd suggest you consider how you came to know all the 'secret' things you know - it was because someone had the courtesy and FT community-mindedness to assist you once with something as open and available as this.

Not posting mistake fares in the very short-term, is a principle I understand, though ultimately is also a fools errand, as Bloggers, selfish ego-centric creatures that they are will always spill the beans and the airlines will tidy up.

I'd never paused to think about cheapest nights in CC - and while the answer would have been obvious with a little thought, I'm grateful for the knowledge. Thanks, guys! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.