Wiki Posts
Search

Country Inn and Suites Newark Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Country Inn and Suites Newark Airport

Just finished a one night stay at the Country Inn and Suites at Newark Airport. Didn't see a review so I wanted to add some comments in case anyone was looking to stay there. For me this was my first Country Inn And Suites stay. I have stayed at some very nice Radisson's and a great Art'otel by Park Inn since giving CC a try after the first Big Giveaway promo last year.

The hotel is located in Elizabeth, NJ and is actually located on the other side of the New Jersey Turnpike from the airport. Area can also be described as being near the New Jersey Port Elizabeth shipping port. Hotel is located in a hotel complex area that also has a Courtyard, Residence Inn and an Extended Stay Hotel. There's a Ruby Tuesday and an IHOP right there as your local food choices. A large indoor outlet mall is across the street. Hotel offers free parking either in front of the hotel or in the back fenced in area.

Arrived around 2:30 and was greeted by a nice staff member that checked me in quickly and gave me room XX14. (Hotel has 7 floors.) When I got off the elevator I noticed that the room was right off the elevator so I almost turned around and went back down stairs (I hate rooms near the elevator and ice machine due to the noise.) but decided to just go in and see how loud it was. Noise didn't seem too bad so I decided to just take the room since I was just staying one night. Strangely the vending machines and the ice machine are located directly across from the elevators and not in a seperate area like in most hotels.

Room was very large with a king size bed and a huge jacuzzi (hotel website actually shows a picture of the room and it is referred to as a Whirlpool Suite). Room provided a small refrig and a microwaves. Big negative was the old style tv in the room. A big plus for me was the fact that the bed was actually very comfortable and they had down/feather pillows. Bathroom was also probably one of the largest I have had recently. Surprisingly there was no free water in the room but there was a coffee machine with free coffee. Decor of the place is definitely not my taste! Since I'm only staying there for one night it's no big deal and some people might actually like the country/flower decor. I think this hotel still had the old CI&S decor because I have seen pics of newer hotels that weren't as flowery as this one.

Free cookies and coffee are available at the front desk and in the breakfast room at night. Breakfast was your typical low end hotel breakfast but overall very decent. They offered the usual eggs, bacon, sausage, various bread and pastry choices, waffle maker and cereal options. I'm not a big breakfast eater so I just had an english muffin but people seemed to be enjoying the breakfast and eating a lot of food.

In summation, decent hotel with friendly staff and a very comfortable bed. Will definitely consider other Country Inn and Suites in the future. For me the comfort of the bed and the pillows was a big plus over some Holiday Inns and Courtyards I have stayed at recently.

Last edited by christianj; Jun 13, 2012 at 7:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.