Search

Park Inn Fresno, CA

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 7:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool Park Inn Fresno, CA

I stayed at the new Park Inn Fresno, CA to qualify for the Park Inn 44k bonus points. Stay was in late May 2012.

This hotel used to be the Four Points - Fresno, and has only recently switched brands, as I remember driving by only a few months ago. The sign is still just a temporary one over the old sign.

The hotel is on one of the main drags in Fresno, Blacktstone Ave in the north part of the city. The street itself is a commercial area, and the large hotel complex is set back a bit from the street, composed of two story buildings, seperated, and surrounding a central pool area, which is park-like and very nice. You can book rooms with patios on the ground floor around the pool area, or rooms facing outward into the parking lots.

My room was a very nice king room with a small fridge, a comfortable bed, and a nice leather recliner, a chaise longue type couch, and a 40 inch flat screen. There is a reasonable sized desk. The decor in the room is very rich looking with nice wood furnishings, and was very welcoming and comfortable. The area was quiet.

The internet is free, but was a bit sketchy, cutting off a few times, but in general "OK".

Checkin was efficient after the DWKWIA in front of me finally decided on a room. Staff was friendly and very pleasant.

There is an in-house restaurant I did not go to, and room service is available with the usual absurd extra charges.

There are a lot of local restaurants available within a few blocks. For really great authentic Mexican takeout, try Don Pepe's 4 or 5 blocks north on Blackstone.

The hotel is very appealing and very comfortable. My room was $107 pre-tax AAA rate. Test bookings using Carlson Friends and Family rate show $70, which is a very good rate for a hotel this nice.

Overall, glad I stayed there. I will likely go back when my usual hotel is overbooked or has high rates for special events.
Old May 28, 2012, 12:07 am

Smile On groupon.com,the rate is only $69

Does this qualify for a BRG?
Old May 28, 2012, 8:17 am

Great review, Doc Savage!

Thanks! ^
Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Here now and I am a little less impressed than Doc Savage was. Same room type but my room shows a lot of wear and is in desperate need of a deep cleaning at the least, a room refresh would be better. WiFi is a no-go so I am using my USB modem.

This is a very sketchy area at night IMO and those concerned with personal security should note that this might not be the best choice.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, CC Gold
I just finished a stay at this hotel a few days ago and had it not been for the promo points I certainly would have stayed elsewhere. I was very disappointed with this property. During check in there was some guff about the room not being cleaned yet and upon entering the room I questioned if it ever was. This place is DIRTY, old and smelled of mildew ( maybe it was just vinegar and shame). I am assuming the "upgrade" I received as being a gold elite member was a room with a window toward the pool, instead of toward the parking lot. The pool was cloudy, the awnings on the sun deck were old, torn and repaired with colored duct tape. The mini fridge was old, stained and had a less than desirable odor. The amenities in the room were of walmart quality. All in all I was very disappointed with this property and thankfully it was only one night and the big night giveaway points will go to great use.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
Stayed one night, just for the 44k points, at $107 aaa rate. It is a level 2 (i.e. 15k for 1 free night) so I would never stay again for such a high rate. It should be priced about $75. Hotel is pretty old in general. Area is not the best. Parking lot is a concern.

Upgraded Room is good at best- about 25 cable channels on a 32 inch new flatscreen. Bed was pretty good- coffee maker and coffee brand is below average. Small fridge is kind of dumpy. A/C worked slowly. Internet is kind of slow at times.

FD person was very nice and recognized my gold status.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:45 am

i stayed at this Park Inn a few weeks ago for this promo, and got a BRG down to $70. i hear what people are saying about the room being a little dumpy - for me it was just the bathtub that was suspect. bed was great, room was very large and faced the pool.

but i believe the point i haven't heard much about among the last few negative reviews is the pool! my gf and i knew that if we ever stayed in fresno again (probably not) we would choose this Park Inn purely for the great pool with tons of space around it centrally located within the compound. we stayed at the fancier Radisson the next night, and that pool was tucked away outside the property perimeter and sucked.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:48 am

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Will be staying at this hotel this weekend... now I am very concerned about parking break-ins and not as optimistic reviews contrary to Doc Savage
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by ellylex
Will be staying at this hotel this weekend... now I am very concerned about parking break-ins and not as optimistic reviews contrary to Doc Savage
it didn't seem like a bad area to me, just boring strip-mall type of situation.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ellylex
First of all, I'm not aware o parking break-ins at this hotel. The review that I remember seeing talked about parking vandalism. With no specifics, that could for example be keying a car.

As far a break-ins go, I once had a break-in (items stolen from my trunk) at a motel where I had parked near my room but far away from everyone else and also far away from the lobby. (It was a stormy night, so even if my car alarm did go off, I wouldn't likely have heard it because of that.) I now don't do that, but rather park in a crowd of cars, even if that's further from my room.

Now, if someone decides to vandalize every car in the parking lot, that won't help. But if they decide to break-in, they're more likely to pick a stand-alone car than one that's "buried" in a group of cars.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:23 pm

There were quite a few working girls and their "friends" close to the hotel on Blackstone. While I have no problem with prostitutes(why some of my best friends,,,,, ) but streetwalkers and their "friends" look for places to have some alone time,,,, you get the picture.

My car was one of three in the large unsecured back lot.I would reccomend storing all of your belonging out of sight in the trunk. The walk from the parking lot to the buildings housing the rooms is not secure. I would not reccomend this to folks concerned about security.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I would reccomend storing all of your belonging out of sight in the trunk.
.. yes, and that goes for leaving your car parked anywhere, and at any time.

The walk from the parking lot to the buildings housing the rooms is not secure. I would not reccomend this to folks concerned about security.
are you a diamond importer or something? the walk is about 5 steps. i have nothing invested in this place, but i'd say you are not being very objective/reasonable.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:39 pm

A lot of very bad things can happen in the "5 steps"(your steps are longer than mine) going from a car parked in a dimly lit unattended parking lot to the key access door of the room units. Lots of places for folks wishing to do harm to hide. You fumble with suitcases etc. trying to get you key card in the door...late at night,,,,
I think my warning is quite realistic given the less than lovely neighborhood.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:03 pm

Got back from my trip. Stayed at Park Inn. Rooms are fine. An employee in a car was checking parking lots for safety. The only negative was odor in corridors and one of the rooms I had. I was concerned about my car due to reviews but everything was fine.

I also paid for Country Inn, but didn't stay there. I liked it much more. It had comp breakfast and nicer location in my opinion plus very friendly staff. They also provide a bag of snacks and water to carlson members.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:07 pm

My car was one of three in the large unsecured back lot.I would reccomend storing all of your belonging out of sight in the trunk. The walk from the parking lot to the buildings housing the rooms is not secure. I would not reccomend this to folks concerned about security.
We arrived this Friday at around midnight. My friends were smoking and we stayed up till 2 am in the parking lot and went to 2 different buildings (2 rooms were apart) - we felt secure. It was quiet on Fri and Sat nights.
I don't know what you were insecure about?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.